This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next Gen fighting games are gonna be AWESOME!!!

#11TheRobPosted 2/24/2013 11:17:38 PM
kungfucolin posted...
Def Jam fighting needs to come back

I'd definitely love to see another Def Jam in line with FIght for New York. Icon was a pile of crap, but FFNY was epic.

Blame EA, they dropped AKI as the developer to use one of their own in house teams to save money. Instead they killed the franchise with their garbage. AKI made the series worth a damn, they're the only reason I got behind the series to begin with.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#12oasisbeyondPosted 2/24/2013 11:41:52 PM
They will be more of the same... You know how they should look by now? No more just sideways... That's how. Go see Onimusha3 opening... And you'll understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tki5y2Llyp8
4:46 = How Fighting games should look next gen...
#13Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:10:40 AM
Allaster111 posted...
You better be able to tear clothes off of the girls.

Battle damage would be cool, or did you have something else in mind?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#14DyingPancakePosted 2/25/2013 7:13:21 AM
It's going to be really interesting to see how Mortal Kombat is next gen.

I can only imagine how brutal they could make it
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#15DrShag1134Posted 2/25/2013 7:32:49 AM
Fighting games I want on Next Gen consoles.

- Power Stone 3
- Killer Instinct
- Mortal Kombat
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
PSN/XBL: DrShag1134
#16JKSonicPosted 2/25/2013 7:52:08 AM
It's all on the developers, do you really think they couldn't have pushed things further this gen? Look at the graphics and animation in some games, then look at them in fighting games. The graphics, animation, and overall gameplay in fighting games needs a MAJOR overhaul IMO. In general they still look and play like updated versions of games we were playing on the PS1 and DC. Mainly I'm talking about 3d fighters obviously since there's not much more to do with 2d ones.

I don't even know what I want to see, haha...I'm just hoping for something drastically different.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#17kungfucolinPosted 2/25/2013 7:54:18 AM
The graphics, animation, and overall gameplay in fighting games

What in the hell are you talking about, J?
The graphical detail in fighting games is reliably higher than basically any other type of game.
Take a closer look at Soul Calibur.
---
Latest Video: Kungfu Arcade #8: Sunset Riders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1IaS7qATHg
#18SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/25/2013 7:55:36 AM
This topic has managed to get me excited about next gen!
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#19JKSonicPosted 2/25/2013 8:07:45 AM
What in the hell are you talking about, J?
The graphical detail in fighting games is reliably higher than basically any other type of game.
Take a closer look at Soul Calibur.

I owned (briefly) the last Soul Calibur. My point is I feel like they could be pushing it even further. Where graphics may be great, animation and gameplay could improve. Where animation or gameplay is good, graphics could improve, etc. I have yet to really see a game that fully nails it yet. Now some games aren't supposed to be animation realistically like MK, but still.

Having been playing fighters since the original SF II and 3D fighters since the original VF, this is probably the genre which I feel has advanced the least (and aged the worst) over time.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#20MudbuttSanchezPosted 2/25/2013 8:11:56 AM
Won't be a big different in fighting games next gen. Most are made for arcades first and ported to consoles. There's only a few exceptions.