This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When does Crysis 1 get good?

#11pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:38:36 AM
That's true, Crysis 2 and 3 are mostly about getting from point A to B while Crysis 1 is more about getting to the objective in the centre of a defended position (at least from what I've played so far)
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#12skribblzPosted 2/25/2013 9:44:11 AM
While i enjoyed Crysis 2 it felt more restrictive. What i loved about the first is the different ways i could take out enemies. Nothing was more satisfying than setting up traps using the environmental physics to my advantage. I remember the game clicking for me when i led a patrol into a building that i had set with c4 and bringing it down on top of them. Or knocking over a few trees to block the path of a vehicle and taking it out with a rocket.
---
The 5 Symptoms of Laziness:
#13Hucast9Posted 2/25/2013 10:01:39 AM
pothocket posted...
All I've heard is how much better than 2 it is in regards to level design but I was playing all day yesterday and haven't seen it yet. Levels are just as linear as 2 so far and less open than 3.

I'm also not getting the argument that the AI was better in 1 either. They're actually a lot simpler than the behavior of AI in 2 and 3.

So what's the deal? I can only assume those poorly formed opinions were the result of PC backlash against the "consolisation" of their PC franchise.

The people who are telling you that Crysis 1 is better than Crysis 2 are very likely the same people that say that FF7 is the best game ever, and that Xenogears is the best game ever. Crysis 1 is not only boring, it is tedious and it's just not fun. Enemies spot you from a mile away, and they pursue you relentlessly. The cloak might as well not be there at all. Between Crysis 1 and Crysis 2, i'll pick Crysis 2 any day of the week.
#14rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/25/2013 10:08:51 AM
I will say that the last few chapters of Crysis 1 are easily the best, even if the end boss was kind of annoying.

Like TC, I had a really hard time getting into the game, and was somewhat frustrated that for a game about aliens, I was fighting only other humans.

I don't remember exactly when it clicked, but I basically played the second half in one sitting (which for me is a big deal.)
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton