This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

General consensus on XIII-2?

#21glassghost0Posted 2/25/2013 8:42:15 AM
Opened this topic thinking it was going to be about a sequel to XIII not about Final Fantasy
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#22NGd72Posted 2/25/2013 8:49:58 AM
Id sell it to you for 10$ but then shipping would be average 4.50-5$ to keep it safe -.-

Then you'd be spending 15$ instead if the 18$ you could be from amazon, and you, probably like me, feel safer going with amazon than some stranger. Lol
#23Hucast9Posted 2/25/2013 8:56:48 AM(edited)
Louisville15 posted...
I liked XIII a lot but never got around to playing the sequel. How did it compare? I know a lot of the hate for XIII came from those comparing it to past games, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Any thoughts on XIII-2?

If you liked FFXIII a lot, then you'll like FFXIII-2. It's more of the same. Comments about how FFXIII-2 "improves on what FFXIII did wrong" are greatly exagerrated, because it really is more of the same. This time there is 1 town, but it's really nice looking. The intro scene alone in FFXIII-2 is worth the purchase. Personally, I liked the game.
#24Louisville15(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 8:57:52 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Louisville15 posted...
I liked XIII a lot but never got around to playing the sequel. How did it compare? I know a lot of the hate for XIII came from those comparing it to past games, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Any thoughts on XIII-2?

If you liked FFXIII a lot, then you'll like FFXIII-2. It's more of the same. Comments about how FFXIII-2 "improves on what FFXIII did wrong" are greatly exagerrated, because it really is more of the same. This time there is 1 town, but it's really nice looking. The intro scene alone in FFXIII-2 is worth the purchase. Personally, I liked the game.

Can you comment on the link I posted? It's a deal breaker for me.
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature 2 | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 8 | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | 240GB Mushkin Chronos | AW2310
#25Akiba69Posted 2/25/2013 8:58:09 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Louisville15 posted...

The intro scene alone in FFXIII-2 is worth the purchase. Personally, I liked the game.

Do you legit mean that? Are you saying a short intro scene is worth 60 bucks?
Think carefully how many movies that is worth.
#26Hucast9Posted 2/25/2013 9:04:10 AM
Akiba69 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Louisville15 posted...

The intro scene alone in FFXIII-2 is worth the purchase. Personally, I liked the game.

Do you legit mean that? Are you saying a short intro scene is worth 60 bucks?
Think carefully how many movies that is worth.

It''s worth it now for $10-$15. Aside from that, the game is like 30-40 hours more or less? I could see it being worth $60 at launch for the amount of gameplay time.
#27NGd72Posted 2/25/2013 9:11:47 AM
Louisville15 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Louisville15 posted...

The guide only optimizes the way you level up. It is by no means necessary. I didnt look at a guide and the game played great for me; not overly difficut. There is also no way to respec unless you start over (new game)
#28Louisville15(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:14:27 AM
NGd72 posted...
Louisville15 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Louisville15 posted...

The guide only optimizes the way you level up. It is by no means necessary. I didnt look at a guide and the game played great for me; not overly difficut. There is also no way to respec unless you start over (new game)

Can you eventually unlock everything in the crystarium though, like in XIII?
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature 2 | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 8 | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | 240GB Mushkin Chronos | AW2310
#29NGd72Posted 2/25/2013 9:19:14 AM
Louisville15 posted...
NGd72 posted...
Louisville15 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Louisville15 posted...

Can you eventually unlock everything in the crystarium though, like in XIII?

Yup. The optimizing the guide talks about is putting certain points into certain trees because you get more bonuses (example: putting a point into a large node for commando on Noel give a +2 Str bonus)
#30Hucast9Posted 2/25/2013 9:19:20 AM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
PS3 version, $10 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6JIVE/

This link? I don't remember if you can respec. As for the guide, it's contructed very badly. The amount of information inside the guide is great, but the way that the guide is set up is horrible. I have the collector's edition guide. In this guide, you'll need to flip back and forth through several different sections of the guide to find out what you need. You're going to need like 3 bookmarks to use it, which is a very stupid design for a strategy guide.