This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider gets 9.1 from IGN

#51NGd72Posted 2/25/2013 10:08:26 AM
Amazon - art book, scavenger hunt, AND 5$ credit.

PC version came to 33$ for me before $5 credit with code CAGROCKS until feb 28th
#52Akiba69Posted 2/25/2013 10:10:09 AM
foodeater4 posted...
Why does everyone think bioshock is gonna be so great? With all the delays and crap I could see it being a mess.

The last of us, I dunno yet. Could be great, could be to ambitous and just blah.

Im kinda cynical though, I basically think every game is gonna be like a 7 until proven otherwise.

I think the same thing. I am just not excited for it at all. The Last of Us i can see being pretty good, but i can also tell it is going to be very very scripted and a one time play.
#53KtuluheroIIPosted 2/25/2013 10:11:25 AM
Wonder when I'll get my free steam code from AMD for it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
DMC Evolution: http://i.imgur.com/qQSFhCy.png
#54moneyman80Posted 2/25/2013 10:13:21 AM
I question if some of you actually played the original Tomb Raiders. TR relied on puzzles & platforming with a decent amount of exploration, and some combat. Uncharted is basically a shooter with light platforming, heavy on the scripted events. It's blatantly obvious that CD borrowed from the Uncharted series with the new game. That's why it's a no purchase for me. I also hate the fact they are changing Lara's story yet again. Much like Resident Evil they should put the Tomb Raider franchise out of it's misery.
---
Not changing my sig until the New Jersey Devils win their fourth Stanley Cup. Started 5/13/11
#55OhHeyltsYouPosted 2/25/2013 10:15:30 AM
9.1 is such a weird score. Might as well just score it as a 9.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#56_OujiDoza_Posted 2/25/2013 10:16:25 AM
foodeater4 posted...
Im kinda cynical though, I basically think every game is gonna be like a 7 until proven otherwise.

7 is bad now?
---
WOULD SMASH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7oX1yCFU0
#57pothocketPosted 2/25/2013 10:17:43 AM
_OujiDoza_ posted...
foodeater4 posted...

7 is bad now?

It has been for some time. One of many reason game "journalism" is a joke.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#58foodeater4Posted 2/25/2013 10:17:52 AM
moneyman80 posted...
I question if some of you actually played the original Tomb Raiders. TR relied on puzzles & platforming with a decent amount of exploration, and some combat. Uncharted is basically a shooter with light platforming, heavy on the scripted events. It's blatantly obvious that CD borrowed from the Uncharted series with the new game. That's why it's a no purchase for me. I also hate the fact they are changing Lara's story yet again. Much like Resident Evil they should put the Tomb Raider franchise out of it's misery.

The old Tomb Raider forumar kinda got stale after so many entires. Uncharted was kind of like a spin off on the Tomb raider formula in a way. Now TR is back with a similar formula but it sounds like thers more puzzles like a tomb radier game usually has.

Also, whats wrong with rebooting a franchise? Video game technology has changed so much, its great to see some older franchises get some modern love and it doesnt always work out, but this one seems like a winner.
#59blackhrtPosted 2/25/2013 10:18:16 AM
MrMikeMa posted...
Nice.

IGN can be our friend this week!

cmon MrMike, IGN can never be our friends. They burned that bridge long ago.

Also I wait for reviews after the released street date. sounds minor, but theres a method...
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#60Spidey555(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 10:36:57 AM
Every review site pretty much has already reviewed Tomb Raider
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555