This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GGENDER: Playing with a female name in your GT does have its advantages

#1JessicaJungxoPosted 2/25/2013 10:05:18 AM
Here's what I've noticed while playing Gears and Halo for roughly a hundred hours combined:

1. You get constant random friend requests.
2. You have less chance of being shot at/betrayed/booted.
3. You get messages complimenting your skill.
4. You get halariously sexist voice messages.
5. Random people start plugging in their mics to talk to you.
---
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)
XBL: Jessica Jung xo (Halo Reach, Halo 4, Gears 2)
#2OrgeLambartPosted 2/25/2013 10:06:49 AM
This used to be awesome back in the early MMO days, you would create a female toon and give yourself a female name and you'd have all these guys trying to give you a bunch of crap. It was massively funny and I think just about every guy who played MMO's did it at some point in time.
#3Akiba69Posted 2/25/2013 10:07:16 AM
JessicaJungxo posted...
Here's what I've noticed while playing Gears and Halo for roughly a hundred hours combined:

1. You get constant random friend requests.
2. You have less chance of being shot at/betrayed/booted.
3. You get messages complimenting your skill.
4. You get halariously sexist voice messages.
5. Random people start plugging in their mics to talk to you.

That is because there are a lot of very desperate guys out there who think whiteknighting = getting vagoo.
#4AWarAmp84Posted 2/25/2013 10:09:18 AM
Have you ever recieved a picture some random guy's junk? I know a female player who has. She was pretty disgusted.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#5JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 10:10:13 AM
OrgeLambart posted...
This used to be awesome back in the early MMO days, you would create a female toon and give yourself a female name and you'd have all these guys trying to give you a bunch of crap. It was massively funny and I think just about every guy who played MMO's did it at some point in time.

I remember in the MMO game MapleStory for PC, a girl player asked for some rare items from a bunch of guys which they all happily obliged and dropped items from their inventory. That's when I quickly swooped in and took all the items before the girl could pick them up. LOL.
---
#6mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/25/2013 10:12:04 AM
Watch out everyone. Something tells me tc has am STD. Probably caught it from halo.
---
I love video games : )
#7OrgeLambartPosted 2/25/2013 10:12:13 AM
JessicaJungxo posted...
OrgeLambart posted...

I remember in the MMO game MapleStory for PC, a girl player asked for some rare items from a bunch of guys which they all happily obliged and dropped items from their inventory. That's when I quickly swooped in and took all the items before the girl could pick them up. LOL.

that girl player was actually a 300 pound guy named bob, trust me... Girls don't play MMO's and the ones that do, play as dude characters so they can be left alone lol.
#8Akiba69Posted 2/25/2013 10:12:45 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
Have you ever recieved a picture some random guy's junk? I know a female player who has. She was pretty disgusted.

Being a person who tends to receive nude photos from random people often, i can tell you that you only feel disgusted if the person isn't attractive. Either your friend gets swarmed by ugly horny guys, which i don't doubt, or she just pretends to be disgusted.
You either just don't care or you whip it out.
#9JessicaJungxo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 10:15:32 AM
OrgeLambart posted...

that girl player was actually a 300 pound guy named bob, trust me... Girls don't play MMO's and the ones that do, play as dude characters so they can be left alone lol.

Girls do play MMO's as girls. I know a few and I can tell you they run the gambit between 100-300lbs :D
---
#10AWarAmp84Posted 2/25/2013 10:15:59 AM
Akiba69 posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...

Being a person who tends to receive nude photos from random people often, i can tell you that you only feel disgusted if the person isn't attractive. Either your friend gets swarmed by ugly horny guys, which i don't doubt, or she just pretends to be disgusted.
You either just don't care or you whip it out.

No, I'm talking about just a close up of a schlong and nothing else. I was always under the impression that women generally don't find that sort of thing very appealing. Correct me if I'm wrong.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.