This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video Game ads on TV

#1HambodiasPosted 2/25/2013 9:55:32 PM
I don't know about you guys, but lately I have been seeing a lot more video game ads while watching TV. Like a lot more than before. granted I hardly ever watch TV and the shows I do watch, I watch through the internet (Netflix, Project Free TV, NBA stream)

but the last time I remember watching TV, the only video game commercials that would come on were Call of Duty commercials. But as of late I've seen ads for Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Rising, and I think even remembering seeing an ad for BioShock.

The one that stood out to me was the Metal Gear Rising ad, it reminds me of the old video game ads, like for the ps1 and n64.

anyways, have video game ads always been there and i just haven't been watching TV or have they been making a "comeback"?
---
Dertbag Design
#2TravarkothPosted 2/25/2013 10:14:13 PM
In truth, I haven't seen many lately besides Crysis 3 commercials.

Remember the Halo 3 ads? Haha, ah... The anticipation was amazing.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#3BansDontWorkPosted 2/25/2013 10:25:52 PM
Only today did I see the Crysis 3 (Sharp Dressed Man) advert, and I've got to say what an atrocious, arrogant **** the main character seems to have been turned into.

All this look-away bow shooting, and strut-walking to camera shots. It's so COD: BLOPS. **** teenagers and their way of thinking everything in this setting is 'awesome' or 'bad-ass'.

NONE of this was present in Crisis 1 or 2 adverts, I've checked.

Lastly, it's severely lacking in-game footage too!

EA marketing is such a tool fest.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.