This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buying a 360 and need some advice

#1Lvl_99_MinotaurPosted 2/26/2013 3:01:55 AM
I haven't played a 360 in over 5yrs, and my brother is in guam in the air force. I remember the xbox having red ring issues pretty bad, has the quality improved over the years ?

Second, should I buy new from Walmart I'd gamestop or try looking for a deal used like Craigslist.

Third, which model should I get. I wanna play online primarily with him but also stuff like skyrim, dark souls, and fighting games. How much memory should I be looking for

Thanks !
#2CallOfGoatyPosted 2/26/2013 3:03:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
---
Can't wait for my Wii UiiWXYZ.
Gotta love that PS2 Graphics.
#3SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/26/2013 3:09:49 AM(edited)
walmart with a 2 year product replacement plan.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#4Super CreaturesPosted 2/26/2013 3:59:45 AM
Lvl_99_Minotaur posted...
I remember the xbox having red ring issues pretty bad

No where near as bad as the idiots that blew it out of proportion would want you to believe.

has the quality improved over the years ?

Quite a bit, especially with the Slim.

Second, should I buy new from Walmart I'd gamestop or try looking for a deal used like Craigslist.

You should never buy a console used, especially this gen, you have no idea what the previous owner(s) did, or didn't do, to it or around it.

Also, warranties are a wonderful thing, for any electronic device.

Third, which model should I get. I wanna play online primarily with him but also stuff like skyrim, dark souls, and fighting games. How much memory should I be looking for

You either want the 4GB Slim (the 4GB storage device is a flash drive attached to the motherboard that is preconfigured as an Xbox 360 Memory Unit, in other words, it does not qualify as an HDD for those features that specifically require an HDD) and the separate 320GB HDD (currently comes with a code for Lego Star Wars 3, a $20 value, starting in March it will come with NFS Hot Pursuit, Ms. Splosion Man, and Pinball FX2 with Sorcerer's Lair), or the 250GB Slim, or a Special/Limited/whatever Edition 320GB Slim, such as the Gears 3 and Star Wars Edition Slims.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 2/26/2013 4:22:52 AM
Super Creatures posted...
I remember the xbox having red ring issues pretty bad

No where near as bad as the idiots that blew it out of proportion would want you to believe.

Dat ignorance.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#6Lvl_99_Minotaur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 7:37:13 AM
Is warranty that comes with it any good or is a seperate one worth it.
#7Lvl_99_Minotaur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 1:34:35 PM
Sorry for all the questions but I don't wanna drop close to $450 and do it wrong.
#8SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/27/2013 3:59:29 AM
SS_MetalSonic posted...
walmart with a 2 year product replacement plan.

---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#9sauruschamp1Posted 2/27/2013 4:14:13 AM
Get a slim 4gb and buy the hdd separate it should work out cheaper if you look around. My bro recently did this and got his hdd off ebay for cheap.
---
GT: Zarosian
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde