This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing The Witcher 2. (Legacy of Kain related)

#1TheRobPosted 2/26/2013 4:32:50 AM
For some reason I'm getting strong Blood Omen vibes, really makes me wish Square-Enix commissioned CD Projekt RED to remake the first Blood Omen. It's still my favorite in the series, it may not have aged well graphically or necessarily have the best gameplay of the series but I love it the best of the Legacy of Kain series nonetheless.

I had never heard actual good voice acting in video games until that point let alone the amazing voice acting the game has overall, and for 1996 it was especially fantastic. Simon Templeman (voice of Kain) became one of favorite voice actors of all time because of it.

The story was really good too, I'd love to see it re-imagined through modern means. They have to use the same main voice actors though, except Tony Jay (R.I.P.) of course. Simon Templeman return as Kain is at the very least a must.

But basically what I'm saying is seeing a Blood Omen remake with the The Witcher 2's RED Engine, or even the upcoming Witcher 3's RED Engine 3, powering it would be amazing.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#2TheRob(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 8:18:44 AM
Anyone else feel the same way about my idea for CD Projekt RED developing a Blood Omen remake? Share my fondness for the original entry in the series; Blood Omen?
---
The People's Heel
'B-|
#3Enix BelmontPosted 2/26/2013 8:21:40 AM
I think that's be a perfect fit, and I don't even like the Witcher 2 much form what I played. They'd totally nail the style.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#4foodeater4Posted 2/26/2013 11:00:23 AM
I love the first Legacy of Kain game and I'd love a remake, as long as they get the original VA back of course, Simom Templemann. The guy is awesome.

I never really got a blood omen vibe from the witcher but I guess I can see Geralt kinda looks like Kain the old games a little bit.

I really do hope Legacy of Kain comes back, but I hope it focus's on Kain. I did enjoy the Soul Reaver games too, but Kain is better.
#5Arucard05Posted 2/26/2013 11:01:53 AM
I want CD Projekt RED to make just about every game these days, so I'm on board with this idea.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette.
#6WiiLover94Posted 2/26/2013 11:08:39 AM
Recently on ScrewAttack or some gaming website, I saw that Square created a url by the name of War for Nozgoth. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
---
"He never saw Molly again."
XBL GT: Hellcamino420 - I'm slightly jaded after Borderlands 2.
#7SunDevil77Posted 2/26/2013 11:10:21 AM
CD just needs to make more games period. Such a unique dev.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#8TheRob(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:20:52 AM
Bump for more input.
---
The People's Heel
'B-|
#9SolisPosted 2/27/2013 12:34:12 AM
You know, I had never considered this, but they would be really good developers to work in that universe. Although I'm sure they have their hands full doing their own projects, and they probably would have some concerns over taking an already created concept and essentially recreating it (granted, The Witcher was based on a novel, but that only provided the general framework for the setting and little else).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review