This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"I could make Halo" - Shigeru Miyamoto

#51DoukouPosted 2/27/2013 12:35:44 PM
mtjormitch posted...
Winternova posted...
Winternova posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Also, way to take stuff out of context:

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design. I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play."

Too bad he's failed miserably since the mid 1980s.

Do you "like" anything?

Sure I do! I'm just not a Nintendo fan...nor a fan of the Japanese game style in general. There are exceptions (EDF, Katamari, Dark Souls), but they're few and far between.

Miyamoto hasn't really done much that has impressed me in the past 20 years or so. I don't understand the love the guy gets while geniuses like Peter Molyneux get hatred.

Miyamoto doesn't constantly lie, Peter does.

Peter doesn't intend lie. He comes up with ridiculous things for games that he wishes to implent in the game. The thing is though he has no idea about how to do actually do it.
It's equal to a child saying they want to be a Kung-Fu astronaut
---
Don't read this sig.
#52all_that_juicePosted 2/27/2013 12:36:24 PM
StealthyVlad101 posted...
Discuss an article from 2007? No thanks.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNUcXc9aBI
#53darkharePosted 2/27/2013 12:39:00 PM
actually no i disagree, japan apparently cant make a shooter that'll be popular. look at the ones they've made this gen, one of them was good but the rest were flops. can anyone guess which one was good?
---
big fish < little fish
#54pothocketPosted 2/27/2013 12:40:41 PM
darkhare posted...
actually no i disagree, japan apparently cant make a shooter that'll be popular. look at the ones they've made this gen, one of them was good but the rest were flops. can anyone guess which one was good?

Vanquish?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#55DoukouPosted 2/27/2013 12:41:59 PM
pothocket posted...
darkhare posted...

Vanquish?

That or Binary Domain.
---
Don't read this sig.
#56darkharePosted 2/27/2013 12:47:49 PM
pothocket posted...
darkhare posted...

Vanquish?

if i had a 400msp card laying around id give it to you. ofcourse its vanquish, no other japanese shooter has done as well in popularity.
---
big fish < little fish
#57blazingsonicPosted 2/27/2013 12:49:10 PM
glassghost0 posted...

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design. I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play."

Exactly, you can't pander to what everyone wants because it's humanly impossible to do so, even if the game becomes mega popular there will be someone who hates in the most irrational way possible. For every fan there will always be a Francis. (AKA Troll, Play Super Paper Mario, Nintendo basically had how trolls work pegged)
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#58WinternovaPosted 2/27/2013 1:31:41 PM
mtjormitch posted...
Winternova posted...
Winternova posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Too bad he's failed miserably since the mid 1980s.

Do you "like" anything?

Sure I do! I'm just not a Nintendo fan...nor a fan of the Japanese game style in general. There are exceptions (EDF, Katamari, Dark Souls), but they're few and far between.

Miyamoto hasn't really done much that has impressed me in the past 20 years or so. I don't understand the love the guy gets while geniuses like Peter Molyneux get hatred.

Miyamoto doesn't constantly lie, Peter does.

Miyamoto plays it safe. Miyamoto's games are boring rehashes.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#59lostnumberwarPosted 2/27/2013 11:31:04 PM
Like Peter Molyneux doesn't play it safe?
It may have been different when he first started out with Populous but now he just keeps spamming Fable over and over again and that wasn't exactly the revolutionary title he played it up as, it was just a middle of the road Western Style RPG.
He talks about revolutionary ideas all the time but only seems able to materialize generic games these days.
---
And now for something completely the same.
#60scoobydoobydontPosted 2/27/2013 11:33:30 PM
We don't have to pretend to like Molyneux anymore, he left MS.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.