This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I honestly don't think Aliens Colonial Marines is as bad as it's made out to be

#1MilkinNipplePosted 2/27/2013 5:40:04 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I find it a pretty acceptable game with a very nice Aliens atmosphere.

Anyone else quite enjoying the game?
#2onilink75Posted 2/27/2013 5:44:46 PM
I am enjoying it. I do understand why people are acting the way they are though. Odd, people don't like to be lied too.
---
GT: ClamDestroyer
#3SunDevil77Posted 2/27/2013 5:51:25 PM
It's definitely going down as one of my guilty pleasures.

Co op can make even the worst games very enjoyable.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#4MilkinNipple(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 5:52:00 PM
I'll admit that the writing for the game is pretty terrible though.
#5moogie101Posted 2/27/2013 6:05:50 PM
But even when defending the game the best you can say is "pretty acceptable", hardly a glowing review is it?

The reason a lot of people came down on the game is that several features heavilly mentioned in previews are missing & the game just seems to have been rushed to hit a release date. Several interviews since seem to indicate that was exactly the case.
#6masterlouPosted 2/27/2013 6:11:15 PM
its been pretty fun for me as well
---
" the discovery channel has monkeys and our vcr has gone wonkey" .. anya:: GT:alieneraser
#7shawnmckPosted 2/27/2013 6:16:17 PM
Some people liked Duke Nukem Forever too, and didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as all the Reviews and majority of gamers did.
Doesn't make the game worth $60 bucks.
#8Dragon NexusPosted 2/27/2013 6:22:47 PM
Confusing "Game I enjoy" for "Good game".
The opposite is just as common.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9Auron772Posted 2/27/2013 6:26:30 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Confusing "Game I enjoy" for "Good game".
The opposite is just as common.

Pretty much this. I don't like Half-Life but I recognize what makes it a good game. Likewise, I enjoy the Dynasty Warriors series and recognize the many faults that make it out to be a bad game.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren