This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

comparing the best games of the Super Nes to the best games of the 360

#1AstronomerJakePosted 2/27/2013 8:37:43 PM
the super nes is widely regarded as the best console of all-time and its hard to dispute this.

And here we go:

Best racing game on super nes: Mario kart snes
Best racing game on 360: Forza 3

This ain't even close. Hell, the battle deathmatches beats forza 3 alone. Mario Kart is a classic and separated pros from amateurs.

Best fighting game on super nes: mortal kombat
best fight game on 360: dragonball raging blast 1

Again, not a contest. Mortal Kombat practically invented the genre of 1vs1 fighting.

Best rpg on the super nes: Chrono trigger
Best rpg on the xbox 360: skyrim

Skyrim is a step down from morrowind and chrono trigger is better than morrowind, so....

And there you have it. The xbox 360 and current gen cannot compete with the greatness that is super nes.
#2Not_ShippyPosted 2/27/2013 8:39:15 PM
AstronomerJake posted...
the super nes is widely regarded as the best console of all-time and its hard to dispute this.

And here we go:

Best racing game on super nes: Mario kart snes
Best racing game on 360: Forza 3

This ain't even close. Hell, the battle deathmatches beats forza 3 alone. Mario Kart is a classic and separated pros from amateurs.

Best fighting game on super nes: mortal kombat
best fight game on 360: dragonball raging blast 1

Again, not a contest. Mortal Kombat practically invented the genre of 1vs1 fighting.

Best rpg on the super nes: Chrono trigger
Best rpg on the xbox 360: skyrim

Skyrim is a step down from morrowind and chrono trigger is better than morrowind, so....

And there you have it. The xbox 360 and current gen cannot compete with the greatness that is super nes.

I think the word "best" is a matter of opinion, and yours is horribly wrong on both sides.
---
"Chainsaw go bzzzz" ConeZone
Xbox Live GT:Gene StarWind90
#3AbstraktProfSC2Posted 2/27/2013 8:40:23 PM
If Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, and Chrono Trigger came out for the first time a month ago, I doubt you would be saying this
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/Abstrakt1/fullnxe/card.png http://i.imgur.com/IpQzE.png
#4nothingbeastPosted 2/27/2013 8:43:12 PM
Super Metroid.

Still waiting for a 360 game that's anywhere close to that level to register as a tiny blip on the radar.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#5Ginsu VictimPosted 2/27/2013 8:43:27 PM
AstronomerJake posted...
Mortal Kombat practically invented the genre of 1vs1 fighting..

Dear sir....I almost spit scotch all over my smoking jacket....
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#6mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/27/2013 8:44:56 PM
AbstraktProfSC2 posted...
If Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, and Chrono Trigger came out for the first time a month ago, I doubt you would be saying this

Burnout Paradise, Mk9, fallout 3/Mass Effect series/oblivion.
---
I love video games : )
#7JenniferTatePosted 2/27/2013 8:45:44 PM
I liked this sense of humour until he blew his cover with the DBZ thing.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#8IIICE_COLDPosted 2/27/2013 8:50:45 PM
"Again, not a contest. Mortal Kombat practically invented the genre of 1vs1 fighting."

It was pretty much one of the founding fathers, which I got into an argument with a person a long time ago over (because they didn't respect MK) --- but so is Street Fighter.
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#9ValedictorianXDPosted 2/28/2013 1:55:21 AM
I'll agree on Chrono Trigger and that's it.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#10GuideToTheDarkPosted 2/28/2013 1:59:50 AM
MK stopped being any good at 3.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.