This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is scott pilgrim vs. the world movie as great as the xbox live arcade game is

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is scott pilgrim vs. the world movie as great as the xbox live arcade game is
3 years ago#11
It's a good movie.

Definitely recommend it.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
3 years ago#12
I too have the movie in my movie backlog, I am going to watch the film soon, and I've marked everyone in this topic as "Approach Regarding Movie Quality" in the case that I dislike the movie.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
3 years ago#13
It's a great movie.

I like the way they often capture the spirit of playing games, not just that it is about games.

For example, my favorite line (barely even a spoiler but I'll black it out anyways)

When Kieran Culkin / Wallace says: "watch out it's...that one guy"

That's so awesome because it's something that we would say while sitting on the couch watching a friend play a game.

---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
3 years ago#14
It's a good movie, lots of posters said it was hipster but it's really not.

_
---
Try out Anarchy Reigns, you might like it.
PSN/GT: menvimacal
3 years ago#15
MasterVading posted...
It's a good movie, lots of posters said it was hipster but it's really not.
_

Indeed, if anything it's a satire of the culture which is probably the most apparent when dude with glasses in the movie goes: "their first album was better than their first album"
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog in order of release, Current game: Saints Row (360)
3 years ago#16
I feel like I'm the only person who didn't like the game. After playing Castle Crashers extensively, I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try playing it again sometime.
3 years ago#17
It's my favorite movie.

It's not the best movie, but it's my favorite one.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
3 years ago#18
I absolutely loved the movie. Criminally overlooked.

And anyone here who has Twitter, you should follow Bryan, he's @radiomaru

Said the other day that his next book, Seconds, is going to be delayed until at least next year because he injured his drawing arm shoulder.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
3 years ago#19
Game was meh, as are most old-school beat'em ups (the whole genre was created to munch quarters and never really evolved)... But the movie was definitely awesome. It's the type of movie which benefits greatly by a decent sound system too! Forget being a fan of the game or the comics...if you're a gamer you'll probably enjoy the movie. There's so many gaming nods you'll need to watch it a few times to pick up on them all.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is scott pilgrim vs. the world movie as great as the xbox live arcade game is

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived