This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is scott pilgrim vs. the world movie as great as the xbox live arcade game is

#11MertensCWPosted 2/27/2013 9:25:09 PM
It's a good movie.

Definitely recommend it.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#12GorillaOnTheRunPosted 2/27/2013 9:26:44 PM
I too have the movie in my movie backlog, I am going to watch the film soon, and I've marked everyone in this topic as "Approach Regarding Movie Quality" in the case that I dislike the movie.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#13CapwnDPosted 2/27/2013 9:46:24 PM
It's a great movie.

I like the way they often capture the spirit of playing games, not just that it is about games.

For example, my favorite line (barely even a spoiler but I'll black it out anyways)

When Kieran Culkin / Wallace says: "watch out it's...that one guy"

That's so awesome because it's something that we would say while sitting on the couch watching a friend play a game.

---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#14MasterVadingPosted 2/27/2013 10:00:34 PM
It's a good movie, lots of posters said it was hipster but it's really not.

_
---
Try out Anarchy Reigns, you might like it.
PSN/GT: menvimacal
#15faris_ruhiPosted 2/28/2013 6:21:48 AM
MasterVading posted...
It's a good movie, lots of posters said it was hipster but it's really not.
_

Indeed, if anything it's a satire of the culture which is probably the most apparent when dude with glasses in the movie goes: "their first album was better than their first album"
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog in order of release, Current game: Saints Row (360)
#16ARsignal11Posted 2/28/2013 6:25:40 AM
I feel like I'm the only person who didn't like the game. After playing Castle Crashers extensively, I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try playing it again sometime.
#17Arucard05Posted 2/28/2013 6:25:52 AM
It's my favorite movie.

It's not the best movie, but it's my favorite one.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#18DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 2/28/2013 6:27:31 AM
I absolutely loved the movie. Criminally overlooked.

And anyone here who has Twitter, you should follow Bryan, he's @radiomaru

Said the other day that his next book, Seconds, is going to be delayed until at least next year because he injured his drawing arm shoulder.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#19JKSonicPosted 2/28/2013 6:52:06 AM(edited)
Game was meh, as are most old-school beat'em ups (the whole genre was created to munch quarters and never really evolved)... But the movie was definitely awesome. It's the type of movie which benefits greatly by a decent sound system too! Forget being a fan of the game or the comics...if you're a gamer you'll probably enjoy the movie. There's so many gaming nods you'll need to watch it a few times to pick up on them all.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#20pothocketPosted 2/28/2013 6:35:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]