This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most underrated game this generation?

#1aj4x94Posted 2/27/2013 10:15:38 PM
Deus Ex Human Revolution. The prequel to one of the best games ever made, it's such as shame that it was incredibly overlooked in 2011. It had everything going for it: atmosphere, great characters, an excellent music score, and open gameplay that stayed fairly true to its roots(except for those crappy boss fights). And there's a possibility for another game.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393412/square-enix-files-trademark-for-deus-ex-human-defiance/

So tell me. What's your choice for most underrated game this generation?
---
Currently playing: COD: BOII, Hitman Absolution, Infamous Collection.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 2/27/2013 10:16:45 PM
Hydro Thunder Hurricane.

a blast.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#3velvet_hammerPosted 2/27/2013 10:25:16 PM
OMG TC, I was going to post DE:HR and thats what you put.. Its truly a top 5 game this gen, it gets a lot of credit but I think it deserves more.. It has one of the best storys this gen as well
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 2/27/2013 10:25:49 PM
Alpha Protocol
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#5Hawke0Posted 2/27/2013 10:27:52 PM
That's funny, I just posted a review titled "one of the most underrated games of all time".
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/917888-freedom-fighters/reviews/review-153414
Technically a last gen game, but it's sort of related.
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.
#6pakathecatPosted 2/28/2013 5:22:19 AM
The Saboteur is usually my pick in topics like this. Incredibly fun game, interesting setting and use of color, great lead character.

However, I'm tempted to give it to Fishing Resort on the Wii because that game gets almost no attention or love, yet is a really amazing game. The fishing comes closest to capturing the fun of real fishing of any game I've played, and there is a lot else to do besides fish. It is one of those games that, if you saw it on the shelf, your first thought might be "Shovelware!" but it is anything but.
#7pothocketPosted 2/28/2013 5:33:21 AM
Aliens: CM

Everyone judges it based on what they wanted it to be rather than what it is. Thus, it truly is this gens most underrated game.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8chuckboston2k3Posted 2/28/2013 5:36:16 AM
Kameo. I'm serious.
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: DrHeinzDoof PSN: OptimusDad
#9bossk5Posted 2/28/2013 5:38:44 AM
Ninety Nine Nights 2. The average score this game holds is ridiculous..is it AAA? Nope...but it shouldn't have scored like a broken piece of s*** either.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#10GGearXPosted 2/28/2013 5:38:53 AM
Deus ex is underrated? I thought it sold well for a sequel.

Tales of Vesperia is underrated.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy *blushes *.......