This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RE4 or RE6

#11CrimsonStryke28Posted 2/28/2013 3:22:09 AM
RE6 is a much better game and even more fun with a coop partner with lots of replay value.
#12SSJCenaPosted 2/28/2013 3:23:19 AM
They are both great games but I prefer 6 because it ditches the tank controls.
---
"I hate it when people quote themselves"- SSJCena
Add me as a GF's friend if you dare.....
#13VlayerPosted 2/28/2013 3:24:26 AM(edited)
Get RE4, it's better and it's also ONLY available on GoD so it's a lot harder to get it cheaper. RE6 can be bought later at a store super cheap.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#14TheRobPosted 2/28/2013 3:28:27 AM(edited)
Vlayer posted...
Get RE4, it's better and it's also ONLY available on GoD so it's a lot harder to get it cheaper. RE6 can be bought later at a store super cheap.

Besides that they'll probably end up releasing a Super Gold Edition of Resident Evil 6 that includes all the DLC too, so might as well wait for their. It always happens.

I decided to wait on Dragons Dogma knowing this. Lo and behold Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen, which is the game plus all of it's DLC.

---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#15Tidus6135(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 3:28:08 AM
I never minded the controls from RE4 (they're similar to 5 correct?). I think they're better than 6 because 6's controls kinda take away from the "survival" feel.
---
GT: HEYitzED
#16HeLeehamPosted 2/28/2013 3:29:12 AM
Get Code Veronica.
#17TheRobPosted 2/28/2013 3:38:27 AM
Tidus6135 posted...
I never minded the controls from RE4 (they're similar to 5 correct?). I think they're better than 6 because 6's controls kinda take away from the "survival" feel.

Basically. But in RE4, like the previous games, you moved forward, back and turn all on the Left Analog. In RE5 they give you that "classic" option as well I believe, but the default had Strafing instead of turning on the Left Analog and put turning on the Right Analog.

But overall, yes, RE4/RE5 still has better controls than RE6. in my opinion anyway. In RE6 they feel loose and sloppy, you're all over the place in that game. You movements feel more precise in RE4 and RE5. I don't even mind the ability to move, slowly, while you shoot, but the rest of the movement just feels off.
---
The People's Heel
'B-|
#18ValedictorianXDPosted 2/28/2013 3:39:01 AM
SolidStryder posted...
4 tries to be an action game with terrible gameplay. RE6 is actually playable.

Ignore this guy like your life depended on it. HSSSSSS! BAD OPINION!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all seriousness:

How much do you like Quick Time Events?

Moderately: RE4
You want to marry a quick time event: RE6

Just a short example of what to expect. I would give you a full in-depth review of RE4 vs RE6 but that would require me to actually remember RE6 since it put me to sleep half the time. Just go with RE4. It's still worth 20 (10) dollars 8 years after the fact. RE6 is 40 (20) dollars nearly 6 months after it's release. Why? It was overhyped, brought in less profit than 4 or 5, got lots of mixed reviews with a lean towards the negative and plenty of fans just downright hated it. Okay, some of those are bad reasons but you get the point. Get RE4.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#19TheRobPosted 2/28/2013 3:48:24 AM(edited)
If you want a recent Resident Evil that is actually good, you can always wait for Resident Evil: Revelations. It's a port of the DS game that came out like a year ago, but they're actually putting more effort into porting it than you'd really expect out of Capcom these days.

---
The People's Heel
'B-|
#20Dark_SpiretPosted 2/28/2013 3:43:59 AM
if you liked 5 then youd most likely like 6. its a good game that gets far too much hate. Theyve also patched out some of the more annoying aspect to it.

that said, 4 is considered one of the best games ever made. the choice is obvious.