This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RE4 or RE6

#21Tidus6135(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 4:48:21 AM(edited)
Okay guys, I'm downloading 4. I've actually wanted to play this game for a long time so I hope it enjoy it. I should point out that I played the demo of 6 but not the full game. I also thought 5 was an underrated game. AI sorta sucked but it was a good game nonetheless.
---
GT: HEYitzED
#22sockesockePosted 2/28/2013 4:48:33 AM
if you liked re5 you will love re4.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#23Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/28/2013 4:50:10 AM
ValedictorianXD posted...

In all seriousness:

How much do you like Quick Time Events?

Moderately: RE4
You want to marry a quick time event: RE6

You want to punch a boulder with a quicktime event? RE5.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#24vigorm0rtisPosted 2/28/2013 4:54:33 AM
RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time. RE6... is my least liked RE in a decade.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#25NakedSnake1986Posted 2/28/2013 5:03:15 AM
Resident Evil 5 was basically RE4 with "real" HD graphics, an updated 3rd person shooter button layout and a horrible story. RE6 dumped the engine RE4 and 5 were on and gave us some fast paced horrible 3rd person aiming shooter that made no sense, had a whacked out story and confusing as hell button layout and hud.

Their's a reason why a 4 month old game is that was suppose to be AAA is on sale for $20, it's capcom's way of pushing out the units they expected but never sold to meet target sales, even if they lose money. RE6 wasn't horrible but it was just barely mediocre.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#26VertaniaPosted 2/28/2013 5:45:10 AM(edited)
RE6 if you have a friend to play co-op with
RE4 if you don't have friends
---
I hate my username.
#27Nonchalant25Posted 2/28/2013 5:52:55 AM
RE 4 if you have friends. RE 4 if you don't have friends. RE 4 if you only played through it 3 times in other forms. RE 6 if you played through all other Resident Evils multiple times.
#28Doom_InfinitePosted 2/28/2013 6:16:54 AM
RE4 is a defining game and generally one of the best games of it's generation. RE6 is a blast and worth buying as well. highly, and I mean highly, underrated.

By the way get the Gamecube or Wii version (the best) over the PS2 version if you can. Definitely avoid the atrocious PC version however.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#29HeliosAscensionPosted 2/28/2013 6:21:57 AM
Picked up Resident Evil 6 at Gamestop for 20$ new the other day. Just Fyi. Might be worth getting it there.
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#30KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/28/2013 6:32:02 AM(edited)
Resident Evil 4 - Widely regarded as one of the best games ever made. A masterpiece IMO.

Resident Evil 6 - Arguably the worst in the entire main series as a Resident Evil game. But ignoring the RE name it would be classed as a poor game anyway. One of my personal biggest disappointments in over 20 years of gaming. Such a massive letdown.

(I'm a huge RE fan, been playing since 1996 when the original released and loved them all in the main series apart from 6 which really is crap)

So for me there is not even a contest Resident Evil 4 is awesome even today at it's age. Resident Evil 6 isn't a really really bad game but IMO it is certainly worse than average and I find it hard to recommend it to anybody.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: COO (PS3)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, RE: Revelations