This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RE4 or RE6

#61GXL_LeonPosted 2/28/2013 7:59:58 AM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
If a friend gave me Resident Evil 6 for free, that person would no longer be my friend. That's how bad RE6 is. RE4 is a little overpriced at $10, but it's still an amazing game. Should be more around $5 though.

I would buy the HD version of 4 at $20 for Xbox360... sadly I dont have one T_T
---
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls
#62TheRobPosted 2/28/2013 8:17:12 AM(edited)
GXL_Leon posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
If a friend gave me Resident Evil 6 for free, that person would no longer be my friend. That's how bad RE6 is. RE4 is a little overpriced at $10, but it's still an amazing game. Should be more around $5 though.

Honestly, I'm not understanding why people are thinking $10 is overpriced for RE4. It's one of the best made games in the past decade, it redefined the third person shooter genre, has hours upon hours of gameplay, loads of unlockables, loads of modes, etc. It's one of the few games I felt was actually worth the full $20 when they first put it on the market place and I got my moneys worth about ten fold with it.

I say that even having already played through and beaten it tons of times on all other versions released, minus the horrible PC port. The Wii version is mostly better because of how precise you can be with your aiming, but it also makes the game much easier. But it's still nice to have an upscaled version you can play right off your hard drive.

---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#63foodeater4Posted 2/28/2013 8:14:50 AM
Both, but I would play RE4 first since earlier in the series.

RE4 is the beginning of actiony RE games and RE6 perfected it so far.
#64teehee23Posted 2/28/2013 8:18:45 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
teehee23 posted...
re4 is a pos.
RE6 is a great action game with a wealth of content and great co-op play.

It's amazing how Capcom redeemed themselves after re4 with the amazing RE5 and RE6.

Not sure if trolling or....yeah must be trolling.

I never troll, I enlighten.
re4 is a pathetic joke compared to the glorious RE5 and RE6.

You're welcome.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#65Nonchalant25Posted 2/28/2013 8:25:09 AM
Just bought res 6 for 20 on Xbox sale. Played 45 minutes. Starting me res 4 play. Ahhhhh. Much better.
#66freedomonastickPosted 2/28/2013 8:31:40 AM
teehee23 posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
teehee23 posted...
re4 is a pos.
RE6 is a great action game with a wealth of content and great co-op play.

It's amazing how Capcom redeemed themselves after re4 with the amazing RE5 and RE6.

Not sure if trolling or....yeah must be trolling.

I never troll, I enlighten.
re4 is a pathetic joke compared to the glorious RE5 and RE6.

You're welcome.

You're funny. Legitimately got a chuckle out of me.
---
My Littlebigplanet 2 level. http://lbp.me/v/10hn3f
#67youshallbeasgodPosted 2/28/2013 8:33:28 AM
MATALO MATALO!

RE4 had trouble deciding what it wanted to be. RE6 looks like a good action game, but I haven't tried this one.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#68DrFeelgood1984Posted 2/28/2013 8:50:58 AM
TheRob posted...
GXL_Leon posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...

Honestly, I'm not understanding why people are thinking $10 is overpriced for RE4. It's one of the best made games in the past decade, it redefined the third person shooter genre, has hours upon hours of gameplay, loads of unlockables, loads of modes, etc. It's one of the few games I felt was actually worth the full $20 when they first put it on the market place and I got my moneys worth about ten fold with it.

I say that even having already played through and beaten it tons of times on all other versions released, minus the horrible PC port. The Wii version is mostly better because of how precise you can be with your aiming, but it also makes the game much easier. But it's still nice to have an upscaled version you can play right off your hard drive.

It's a great game but it's a 9 year old port of a GameCube game and it's not really an HD version (just upscaled). I'll probably get it for $10 because I don't have my GameCube anymore and I have MS points to spend.
#69Devil_wings00Posted 2/28/2013 8:51:41 AM
RE4 is a legitimately great game that's biggest flaw for most people is that it dared to actually try to change the stagnating RE formula. It's not a horror game it's and action horror game and the over the shoulder shooter gameplay is a bit dated now (it was one of the first big games to do that).

That being said opening sequence is more tense and scary then any of the original RE games ever accomplished (seriously go back and actually play the old RE games...they are goofy and really don't have much besides jump scares).

RE6 is just a train wreck...an enjoyable train wreck at times but definitely not something I would ever go back and play again.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#70MTGxerxesPosted 2/28/2013 9:01:28 AM
Yep. RE4 is a complete masterpiece. RE6 is a complete waste of time and money.

RE6 is full of broken cameras, bad gameplay and mechanics, terrible story (Which is broken up into four campaigns so unless you play 2 chapters and switch and 2 chapters and switch, it messes everything up) and pretty much all you do is fight a boss monster that you cannot kill -- while facing instant-deaths and QTE's the entire game. Literally, the entire game.

The controls in RE4 are certainly its downside due to age and tradition, but its not something that can't be over come within an hour or so.
---
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic 2013, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager