This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you can objectively acknowledge are good, but you just can't get in to

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games you can objectively acknowledge are good, but you just can't get in to
3 years ago#1
For me the one I've referenced to the most has probably been KoToR. I know it's a great game, I even have fun while playing it most of the time. However I've never beaten it and for whatever reason I just can't get into it. I even loved SWtoR (since unlike a lot of people I don't even have the time to really reach end game so I never hit that wall, lol) and while I'm not a HUGE fan of Star Wars I do like the movies.

More recently has been XCom. Again I like the game and can fully acknowledge it's a great game, but I just haven't been able to get into it lately. I'm going to give it one more shot before I trade it in towards Tomb Raider next week.

I think the consoles who hold the most games like this for me though has been the PS2 and PS3. Uncharted 2 (oddly enough I loved 1), Okami, Ratchet and Clank series, and Shadow of the Colossus just to name a few.

Now I want to be clear too, this is a very different list than "popular games I didn't like". There's tons of "popular" games that IMO were not objectively good. These, however, are all games that I can fully recognize as decent-great games but personally just don't gel with me.
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
3 years ago#2
All BioWare and Bethesda games, plus any strategy game that isn't a Worms game. Also the Borderlands games.
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
3 years ago#3
None. I like good games.
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
3 years ago#4
Closest thing I have to this would be the Halo series.

A friend of mine had one of them and we played a few rounds. He showed me a few arenas he had built, and I could tell he genuinely loved it. After I left his house, I had the same level of interest in the games that I had when I walked in.... zero.

I have no interest in it myself, but I don't deny the fact that plenty of gamers love it. Opinions and all that.
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
3 years ago#5
Metroid Prime, for sure. First that comes to mind, anyway. Whole series.

Most RTS as well
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
3 years ago#6
The Metal Gear series
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
3 years ago#7
Theres quite a few:

Fallout
Elder Scrolls
Enslaved
Every Metal Gear after the second one
Halo
Forza
Little Big Planet
Minecraft
MMO's
Rick Grimes for President 2016
Plyometrics is the Devil!
3 years ago#8
The Metal Gear series

That just falls under my list "popular games I didn't like, but IMO aren't good either and strongly feel they are actually objectively bad...truly not understanding why they are so popular". Haha...yeah...
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
3 years ago#9
mass effect
3 years ago#10
Elder Scrolls games and Fallout. Generally I don't like 100+-hour games. Needless to say I stay away from MMO's. As you get older, your time becomes more valuable and you start choosing wisely how you spend it.
"War as a video game; what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games you can objectively acknowledge are good, but you just can't get in to

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived