This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you can objectively acknowledge are good, but you just can't get in to

#1JKSonicPosted 2/28/2013 8:01:51 AM
For me the one I've referenced to the most has probably been KoToR. I know it's a great game, I even have fun while playing it most of the time. However I've never beaten it and for whatever reason I just can't get into it. I even loved SWtoR (since unlike a lot of people I don't even have the time to really reach end game so I never hit that wall, lol) and while I'm not a HUGE fan of Star Wars I do like the movies.

More recently has been XCom. Again I like the game and can fully acknowledge it's a great game, but I just haven't been able to get into it lately. I'm going to give it one more shot before I trade it in towards Tomb Raider next week.

I think the consoles who hold the most games like this for me though has been the PS2 and PS3. Uncharted 2 (oddly enough I loved 1), Okami, Ratchet and Clank series, and Shadow of the Colossus just to name a few.

Now I want to be clear too, this is a very different list than "popular games I didn't like". There's tons of "popular" games that IMO were not objectively good. These, however, are all games that I can fully recognize as decent-great games but personally just don't gel with me.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#2josh924Posted 2/28/2013 8:12:38 AM
All BioWare and Bethesda games, plus any strategy game that isn't a Worms game. Also the Borderlands games.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 2/28/2013 8:15:06 AM
None. I like good games.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4nothingbeastPosted 2/28/2013 8:16:00 AM
Closest thing I have to this would be the Halo series.

A friend of mine had one of them and we played a few rounds. He showed me a few arenas he had built, and I could tell he genuinely loved it. After I left his house, I had the same level of interest in the games that I had when I walked in.... zero.

I have no interest in it myself, but I don't deny the fact that plenty of gamers love it. Opinions and all that.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#5Enix BelmontPosted 2/28/2013 8:19:28 AM
Metroid Prime, for sure. First that comes to mind, anyway. Whole series.

Most RTS as well
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#6lunchEATSyouPosted 2/28/2013 8:22:44 AM
The Metal Gear series
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#7Tube_of_NoobPosted 2/28/2013 8:33:03 AM
Theres quite a few:

Fallout
Elder Scrolls
Enslaved
Every Metal Gear after the second one
Halo
Forza
Little Big Planet
Minecraft
MMO's
---
Rick Grimes for President 2016
Plyometrics is the Devil!
#8JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 8:39:24 AM
The Metal Gear series

That just falls under my list "popular games I didn't like, but IMO aren't good either and strongly feel they are actually objectively bad...truly not understanding why they are so popular". Haha...yeah...
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#9langystarPosted 2/28/2013 8:40:20 AM
mass effect
#10Gary StantonPosted 2/28/2013 10:06:20 AM(edited)
Elder Scrolls games and Fallout. Generally I don't like 100+-hour games. Needless to say I stay away from MMO's. As you get older, your time becomes more valuable and you start choosing wisely how you spend it.
---
"War as a video game; what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake