This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you can objectively acknowledge are good, but you just can't get in to

#11DrFeelgood1984Posted 2/28/2013 11:06:26 AM
Turn based RPG's. There are many good and many bad I'm sure, I just can't tell the difference because I hate that combat style. "Hey, let's all stand in a circle and take turns throwing fire at eachother" just doesn't work for me.
#12Choir_of_WolvesPosted 2/28/2013 11:06:40 AM
JKSonic posted...
The Metal Gear series

That just falls under my list "popular games I didn't like, but IMO aren't good either and strongly feel they are actually objectively bad...truly not understanding why they are so popular". Haha...yeah...

Opinions are opinions, but what MGS games have you played?
---
all posts in this topic are negated if the poster has not listened to the first six Black Sabbath albums. those who disagree will be modded.
#13JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 2:32:41 PM
Opinions are opinions, but what MGS games have you played?

MGS1, 2, PW, 4, and a demo for 3. MGS1 and to a lesser extent 2 were acceptable. I mean MGS1 was on the PSX so it had a lot of technical limitations. But I felt going from 1 through 4 the game kept aspects of the game around "just because it was trademark MGS" instead of improving on the game.

That doesn't mean I don't respect people's opinions or trash people for liking them. Just for me, I have tried time and time again to get into the series and just haven't been able to do it.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#14Akiba69Posted 2/28/2013 2:34:26 PM
Mario. I hate them and i think the should be taken out back and shot, but i understand that they have solid gameplay, it's just everything else about them is so dull.
#15Erupt50Posted 2/28/2013 2:41:44 PM
Skyrim, mgs, halo
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#16Akiba69Posted 2/28/2013 2:42:42 PM
Erupt50 posted...
Skyrim, mgs, halo

But Skyrim isn't good.
#17kilroyfxPosted 2/28/2013 2:43:11 PM
Dead Island.
---
Developer of BloodyCheckers
#18Erupt50Posted 2/28/2013 2:46:10 PM
Akiba69 posted...
Erupt50 posted...
Skyrim, mgs, halo

But Skyrim isn't good.

A lot of people would disagree with you
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#19mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/28/2013 2:47:14 PM
The Batman arkham games.
---
I love video games : )
#20kungfuj0Posted 2/28/2013 2:48:28 PM
The Witcher 2.

I KNOW this is a good game, but I just could NOT get into it. Dunno if it was the gameplay or what, but for whatever reason, I just wasn't feeling it. The game just never 'clicked' with me.

I still have it and I hope to play through it someday with better results, but for right now, its just kinda sitting in the pile.

Also, the Metal Gear games.

I loved watching my old rommate play through MGS1, and I played through most of MGS2 myself (up until the Raiden part), but I have never been that big a fan of the entire series. I don't hate it by any means, but these games have never been on my radar to be honest.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!