This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Back in my day when you bought a game you got everything in it.

#151sausage54Posted 3/2/2013 5:06:36 PM
pothocket posted...
Back in my day you couldn't cheat during multiplayer because you'd get punched in the face!

So true, some of the biggest brawls of my day over Street Fighter cabinet.
---
The only thing I can control is my EFFORT, ATTITUDE, and, FOCUS.
#152DTM847Posted 3/4/2013 10:43:59 AM
M1911A1 posted...
There are so many more important issues in the world. The world needs more of you outspoken activists to fight way more important fights. I just shake my head at the debates that happen(some of which are well thought out) over such a trivial thing. This is an entertainment industry. People buy games to pass the time or as a hobby. They are not a productive lifestyle. They do not contribute any real advancements to society or our culture.

You say gaming is a hobby and in the same sentence dismiss it as socially irrelevant. Hobbies are people's passions! I have an okay job, but I go to work because I have to. I game because I love it and there are few things I enjoy discussing more than gaming. By your logic we should dismiss music and artistic education as they don't solve societal issues. That logic is flawed, for it is by finding and discussing passions that we connect and grow as people. On top of that, gaming is a multi-billion dollar business and you can bet the consumers are going to have a vested interest in the development of the industry.
---
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#153bubbas111Posted 3/4/2013 10:46:59 AM(edited)
Back in my day you had to pay a quarter just to play the game 1 time. And don't even get me started on NFL Blitz. You got 1 4 minute half.
---
gamertag-bubbas111
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3265619
#154M1911A1Posted 3/4/2013 3:07:23 PM
DTM847 posted...
M1911A1 posted...
There are so many more important issues in the world. The world needs more of you outspoken activists to fight way more important fights. I just shake my head at the debates that happen(some of which are well thought out) over such a trivial thing. This is an entertainment industry. People buy games to pass the time or as a hobby. They are not a productive lifestyle. They do not contribute any real advancements to society or our culture.

You say gaming is a hobby and in the same sentence dismiss it as socially irrelevant. Hobbies are people's passions! I have an okay job, but I go to work because I have to. I game because I love it and there are few things I enjoy discussing more than gaming. By your logic we should dismiss music and artistic education as they don't solve societal issues. That logic is flawed, for it is by finding and discussing passions that we connect and grow as people. On top of that, gaming is a multi-billion dollar business and you can bet the consumers are going to have a vested interest in the development of the industry.

You completely ignored my point. I LOVE games too. It's great hobby. But people piss and moan over the littlest things when it comes to gaming and act like its the end of the world. There are worst tragedies in this world and I feel a little bit of the fighting that goes on in these boards could be focused elsewhere.
#155FredSavage27Posted 3/4/2013 5:14:15 PM
Are you doing anything about these important issues or are you just going to sit back and tell people on the internet what they're not allowed to care about?
#156M1911A1Posted 3/4/2013 5:24:42 PM(edited)
FredSavage27 posted...
Are you doing anything about these important issues or are you just going to sit back and tell people on the internet what they're not allowed to care about?

You're obviously a low level worker. If you were in management you'd know that it's all about motivating others to do the work that you don't want to handle yourself.
#157knives outPosted 3/4/2013 6:20:11 PM
theres some great stuff itt. i want to know more about the guy who cheated someone out of a game code. what happened?
---
Remember.... violence is NEVER the answer. Sometimes, though, it's the question... and the answer is "Yes".