This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360's not good enough for AAA titles anymore, XBLA flourishing.

#1GooBacksBackPosted 2/28/2013 11:12:05 AM
The specs aren't high enough to make a decent AAA game anymore, developers try to push the limits and fail.

The XBLA games rarely try to maximize graphics and focus on game play.
#2RPG_ApostlePosted 2/28/2013 11:15:26 AM
You mean when it comes to games, it's more important to be fun than to look pretty?

BRILLIANT!

In other news, water is wet.
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#3AWarAmp84Posted 2/28/2013 11:26:47 AM
Gameplay>Graphics and always will be.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#4SparkItUpPosted 2/28/2013 11:36:15 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...

I agree for the most part with this....although there are the exceptions where the way the environment is portrayed goes a long way in telling the story & improving the gameplay.
---
http://youtu.be/N_atFMCUJ1o
Say you're my lover, say you're my homie, Tilt my chin back slit my throat take a bath in my blood get to know me
#5Solid SonicPosted 2/28/2013 11:38:20 AM

The brocore disagrees.
---
I can't believe I have to waste my signature to tell people New Super Mario Bros. could be a lot better.
#6SunDevil77Posted 2/28/2013 11:38:40 AM
You make a lot of bad topics.

But yeah, XBLA is badass
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#7Arucard05Posted 2/28/2013 11:39:54 AM
In other news, water is wet.

*Splashes water in my face*

My god.

He's right.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#8buddhamonsterPosted 2/28/2013 11:42:14 AM
So disk based games can't keep up with the outdated hardware and growing expectations for each new game to be bigger and better then it's predecessors, and Xbox Arcade titles limited to space constraints focus more on gameplay then fluffed up graphics?

To quote another user, in other news, water is wet.
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#9MRL3G3NDPosted 2/28/2013 11:55:13 AM
pains me when gamers will settle for half of the pie than require the whole thing... all of these graphics vs. gameplay arguments are stupid

gameplay is like the skeleton of a game, graphics are the flesh

the better she plays, the better she looks, and the better she looks, the better she plays
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#10Arucard05Posted 2/28/2013 11:56:41 AM
pains me when gamers will settle for half of the pie than require the whole thing... all of these graphics vs. gameplay arguments are stupid

Pretty much. But that goes without saying a lot of the time. The way I look at it, a game just has to do something well.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.