This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come most girls dislike/don't care for video games (not angry birds crap)?

#1mrplasmacutterPosted 2/28/2013 1:50:56 PM
What is the fundamental reason behind this phenomenon?
---
Bioshock Infinite = Game of the Year
#2Banana_ManaPosted 2/28/2013 1:52:01 PM
How come you are so consistently wrong?
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#3Arucard05Posted 2/28/2013 1:53:20 PM
You may have unintentionally stumbled into an interesting discussion in your attempt to troll, for once.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#4656stoogePosted 2/28/2013 1:54:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Akiba69Posted 2/28/2013 1:54:41 PM
mrplasmacutter posted...
What is the fundamental reason behind this phenomenon?

Because they view it as nerdy, which is also why some girls who follow trends, geek being an in trend right now, have latched onto gaming. You know the ones, they wear frames, and if questioned if they like games they will say how they love mario and zelda, despite not knowing anything about it. Also look out for triforce tattoos or space invader tattoos.
#6pakathecatPosted 2/28/2013 1:59:33 PM
Serious answer, IMO: I was able to get some female friends into gaming when I was young. Only difference it seemed, between them and me, was that when growing up, when not neglected, the interest that was taken in me was steering me towards more stereotypically male activities, like fishing and golf and going to football games, which stuck with me to this day. Games were a great electronic babysitter, kept me quiet and out of the way, so that was one thing I was given fairly generously. Female friends were pushed in other directions I think, even if their parents didn't consciously do so.

In my case a part of it might just have been natural inclination-- I was always attracted to gadgets of all sorts, anything with buttons, from a very young age-- but I really think more women would be into them if introduced while young and encouraged to play.
#7SunDevil77Posted 2/28/2013 2:00:46 PM
According to many studies, chicks make up about 25 percent of console players and 39 percent of PC gamers. They also populate about 40% of online gaming.

However, these girls mostly hide it, and IRL, I seem to never meet any of these. Which is fine. When I'm not gaming, I can tune out all this talk about the Bachelor and s*** and drink a brew.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#8EnclavePosted 2/28/2013 2:03:32 PM
Girls play video games plenty. Lot's of them just hide it. My wife is quite the gamer.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#9AWarAmp84Posted 2/28/2013 2:04:09 PM
In a way it's still taboo in today's society for a women to be an avid gamer.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#10Mr_BurgenerPosted 2/28/2013 2:16:28 PM
Because they're too busy putting on makeup and doing their hair to play games