This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish more video games would have symbolism

#41EnemyWithin88Posted 2/28/2013 7:02:08 PM
Xenogears + xenosaga
---
Play Slow Die Ignorant
#42DoukouPosted 2/28/2013 7:06:15 PM
The rangers in Fallout New Vegas symbolize America.
---
Don't read this sig.
#43JenniferTatePosted 2/28/2013 7:23:27 PM
GorillaOnTheRun posted...
ZDT_Leader posted...
TC if we're talking about games with symbols, I've got news for you, they're pretty much in most games. I see em everywhere in Skyrim for example.

As I said, most games do have symbolism, but it truly isn't that deep and compelling.

I want a game that is kind of like The Matrix triology. so much undlying symbolism, strong archetypes and other subjects.. That even though I have beaten it I need to do so to catch more of the story as it should be seen.

That movie ****ing sucked

PM me why. Not challenging you. I'll explain when you talk to me.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#44DoukouPosted 2/28/2013 7:30:38 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
ZDT_Leader posted...
TC if we're talking about games with symbols, I've got news for you, they're pretty much in most games. I see em everywhere in Skyrim for example.

As I said, most games do have symbolism, but it truly isn't that deep and compelling.

I want a game that is kind of like The Matrix triology. so much undlying symbolism, strong archetypes and other subjects.. That even though I have beaten it I need to do so to catch more of the story as it should be seen.

PM me why. Not challenging you. I'll explain when you talk to me.

PM me why you think Gorilla is being serious
---
Don't read this sig.
#45GorillaOnTheRunPosted 2/28/2013 7:42:37 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
ZDT_Leader posted...

PM me why. .

Ah! A formal challenge! I'm offended!
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#46GorillaOnTheRunPosted 2/28/2013 7:44:00 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
ZDT_Leader posted...

Not challenging you. I'll explain when you talk to me.

*clears throat*
*fixes collar*
*sprays cologne, delays, and walks away*
*looks behind*
*pulls wedgie*
*pops Dentyne Ice*
*clears throat*
*fixes hair*
*puts hair gel*
*clears throat*
*stands in front of mirror*
(in extremely deep voice)"I disliked the Matrix because...."
(in trying to sound cool voice) " Hey AlkalineKitty.... Hey. So you wanted to talk to me? I disliked the Matrix because...."
*panics*
*changes clothes*
*clears throat*
*fixes collar*
*sprays cologne, delays, and walks away*
*looks behind*
*pulls wedgie*
*pops Dentyne Ice*
*clears throat*
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#47ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 12:50:33 AM
Bump for The hell of it.
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#48Banana_ManaPosted 3/1/2013 1:52:42 AM
ZDT_Leader posted...
Bump for The hell of it.

Why did you capitalize the?

A man of such intelligence should know better.

After all this topic is over our heads.

I'm glad you are learning, and it's good that you want to talk about these things, but have the decency to do it like an adult.

You don't need to pretend you are some sort of superior being for bring up a philosophical discussion.

This may come as a surprise, but you are not the only one here with the ability to understand the concept of symbolism.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?