This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, Battlefield 3's Multiplayer...what am I in for?

#1CaIiber345Posted 2/28/2013 6:10:03 PM
I just picked up Battlefield 3. I played the campaign briefly when the game came out, but that was it. After quite some time away from the world of FPS MP, I thought I'd see what BF3's MP is all about.

Thoughts? Opinions? Comments? Advice?

:p
---
Every time I post, a Mud Crab eats some bandwidth.
Hail HYDRA!
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/28/2013 6:11:12 PM
You're screwed.

Lol, the community that still plays BF3, from my experience, is pretty darn skilled. I might have just sucked, idk.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3RedFive3Posted 2/28/2013 6:13:20 PM(edited)
I love it. It does have a learning curve, so just be patient. Once you get the hang of it, you should really enjoy it.

EDIT: Also, it is much better with friends..... so make some. It can still be fun lone wolfing it though.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#4gudamanPosted 2/28/2013 6:16:06 PM(edited)
Its a gimped CoD is what most people will tell you iirc. It's got its entertaining moments though and if you got premium with all the maps and things its still supposed to be fairly decent from what I hear.

I have it but not Premium so I'm definitely missing out on some aspects of the MP but i still had fun playing it.

If you want to add some people to play with feel free to add me, I have to get all the freakin update again so there goes 20gb of hdd but yeah, I'd play still.

*edit*
for your own sanity, stay far far away from the BF3 board... it's nothing but elitist and trolls with an odd person looking for help here or there (since I was there last a month ago).
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#5PastyFuryPosted 2/28/2013 6:22:37 PM
Find a squad with mics...play a few games, go to your recent friends list, send a mass message asking for people that want to play with mics. It will help

You go in solo you will get ass ****ed
#6lunchEATSyouPosted 2/28/2013 6:25:42 PM
It's fun; just don't play it like you would play CoD. There are differences like bullet-drop, somewhat destructable buildings, vehicles, and a bigger importance on team-play. Be patient and you should enjoy.

gudaman posted...

*edit*
for your own sanity, stay far far away from the BF3 board... it's nothing but elitist and trolls with an odd person looking for help here or there (since I was there last a month ago).

It's been like that since BF3's launch, so no surprise here. But if you sift through all the BS, you can actually find good info.
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#7SolidStryderPosted 2/28/2013 6:31:36 PM
I've found BF3 to be more entertaining than the last 3 CoD entries. Some of the maps are a bit too big and the destructibility of the environment is a step down from BC2, but overall I enjoyed the game a lot.
#8CaIiber345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 6:32:34 PM
I always play with a mic, and I prefer to work with teammates, as well as attempt the actual objectives, in objective-based modes.

Unlike my experiences with CoD, which I played extensively in MP across several installments. No-mics, no teamwork, no one trying to capture Domination objectives, no one blah blah blah...

I'm a good sport about losing, and overall an average player that just wants to have fun.
---
Every time I post, a Mud Crab eats some bandwidth.
Hail HYDRA!
#9gudamanPosted 2/28/2013 6:35:29 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...
It's fun; just don't play it like you would play CoD. There are differences like bullet-drop, somewhat destructable buildings, vehicles, and a bigger importance on team-play. Be patient and you should enjoy.

gudaman posted...

*edit*

It's been like that since BF3's launch, so no surprise here. But if you sift through all the BS, you can actually find good info.

I know, I was there from launch and merely lurked for a while till i found a squad of novice-intermediate players, used to have a decent squad running but after the jokes that were some of the boards self declared gods i decided to stop taking it seriously and pony up their topics on a regular basis. Now I don't even go there as rarely play the game anymore and choose to avoid ignorance/stat elitists like the plague they truly are.

I've been debating if I want to get back into it or not and if I want to do so on ps3 and get the premium edition but since I'm not sure that getting premium on the ps3 version will unlock it on the xbox version I've held off.
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#10RedFive3Posted 2/28/2013 6:50:36 PM
If you get premium on PS3 it will not unlock on 360 also. Speaking of BF3, I am about to play.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.