This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, Battlefield 3's Multiplayer...what am I in for?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So, Battlefield 3's Multiplayer...what am I in for?
2 years ago#41
SunDevil77 posted...
You're screwed.

Lol, the community that still plays BF3, from my experience, is pretty darn skilled. I might have just sucked, idk.

ya ur probably just bad
2 years ago#42
So which MP game mode is best for beginners? Where can I cut my teeth without annoying everyone else too much?
---
I only go to Solstheim to get things done. Manly things. Like ripping Netches apart with my bare hands, or pummeling snide Dark Elves into Flin.
Hail HYDRA!
2 years ago#43
Conquest and TDM are probably your best bet, maybe play Op Metro or the CQC maps to get a hang of the infantry combat. If you're going to use vehicles you really want to have somebody in your squad with you in the tank/APC/helicopter, not only do you increase your firepower but either of you can pop out and repair while the other is shooting (obviously with a helicopter that's a little different). One of the most annoying things in the game is when someone takes a vehicle by themselves and gets blown up immediately or worse abandons the vehicle and lets the enemy take it.
---
I'm interested in this...
2 years ago#44
Well, I just played a few rounds of TDM as the Assault class.

-No mics in the entire game, except me of course.
-First round I went 3-7, don't remember the map.
-Second round I went 3-3, Gulf of Oman.
-I thought that Crouch/Prone with the RS would be weird, but I had no problems with it.
-Someone meleed me, and there was a execution-like cinematic when he appeared in front of me and knifed me. That was pretty awesome.
-I really like the destructible environments, and the effects in general. Grenade blasts have nice smoke and dirt/grit effects.
-I didn't feel "disconnected" from my weapon, which sometimes happens in CoD.
-Sticking with teammates and flanking, using cover, drawing fire for teammates so they could kill the enemy was all satisfying and worked much better than running and gunning by myself.
-I made Private First Class. Yay! Lol.
-The report of a sniper rifle scares the crap out of me.

I noticed that sometimes "Offer Healing" with the Select button appears in the corner of the screen. I assumed that to mean someone was requesting healing, so I hit Select in hopes that it helped them.
---
I only go to Solstheim to get things done. Manly things. Like ripping Netches apart with my bare hands, or pummeling snide Dark Elves into Flin.
Hail HYDRA!
2 years ago#45
Battlefield is about conquest, but i guess playing some TDM to get the hang of the mechanics is not a bad idea. And lol, you don't push the back button when someone needs healing, you through down a med pack.

And if you want to play with some cool dudes that will show you the ropes, hit me up. GT: RedFive3.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
2 years ago#46
RedFive3 posted...
Battlefield is about conquest, but i guess playing some TDM to get the hang of the mechanics is not a bad idea. And lol, you don't push the back button when someone needs healing, you through down a med pack.

And if you want to play with some cool dudes that will show you the ropes, hit me up. GT: RedFive3.

Yeah, derp, but you know how it is being the FNG...right? Lol.

So, um, how do I uh, you know...throw down the Health Pack?

:p
---
Hail HYDRA!
2 years ago#47
RedFive3 posted...

Yeah, derp, but you know how it is being the FNG...right? Lol.

So, um, how do I uh, you know...throw down the Health Pack?

:p

Well, first you to have to unlock the med pack with the assault class just by playing. It's one of the first unlocks I believe...... can't remember, it's been so long.

And I wasn't trying to make fun of you or nothing, I just thought that was funny.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
2 years ago#48
Lol. Nah, no worries man. I know you weren't being an ass.
---
Hail HYDRA!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So, Battlefield 3's Multiplayer...what am I in for?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived