This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wonder why some people chose PS3 over 360 ?

#141cirexericPosted 3/1/2013 1:07:31 PM
I'd choose a ps2 over a 360...
---
Put.The.Gun.Away.
#142qHumanAfterAllpPosted 3/1/2013 1:08:55 PM
ReyGoeZHard posted...
ponderingcow posted...
they don't like FPS games?

Resistance and Killzone VS......... Halo?

Not trying to be rude, but I've never understood this argument. Seems to me Sony has more exclusive FPS franchises than Microsoft

They have never sold better on PS3.
#143lxcainxlPosted 3/1/2013 1:12:05 PM
Enclave posted...
...Motioninjoy ...treat it like a 360 controller then press enable. You don't need to be technically inclined as you put it to do this.

That IS above what the average user can do. If that weren't the case, people would not get viruses or pay others to install OSs and software.

...playing my PC ... on my couch...output on my 42"...

It just set itself up with two or three cords did it?

Configuration ...Steam....

Some of us bought discs (and disks for that matter). I don't use Steam, so I've never clicked on the "run cabling through the walls and attic button". By the way, did the guys at Steam get access to recode GTA IV to run properly? That would be nifty.

You really are doing PC a disservice....

Funny, I seemed to miss the part where I owe fealty to someone out there. After building boxes for going on 25 years, I am pretty sure that they all ran decent on account of my own skills and not of some insubstantial "PC" authority (which is whom, by the way?).

Go work a few years in IT or customer service and then come back and try to say what you did above.
---
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Signatures are a waste of time and space; that is why I am leaving mine blank.
#144Davidbaylor23Posted 3/1/2013 1:18:29 PM
Really people still feel the need to post stupid topics like this. Honestly are you expecting someone to read what you don't like about theps3 and just completely change their opinion. Believe me there is a lot of bad I could say about the 360 but I don't feel the need to bash anyone with a different opinion but maybe that's because I'm not a complete douche like most of the fanboys around here
#145Vidius101Posted 3/1/2013 1:19:11 PM
Blue Ray is the future.

Dvd can stay in the past.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#146HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 1:20:42 PM
Davidbaylor23 posted...
Really people still feel the need to post stupid topics like this. Honestly are you expecting someone to read what you don't like about theps3 and just completely change their opinion. Believe me there is a lot of bad I could say about the 360 but I don't feel the need to bash anyone with a different opinion but maybe that's because I'm not a complete douche like most of the fanboys around here

LOL.
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo Reach, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)
#147Davidbaylor23Posted 3/1/2013 1:21:37 PM
Lol
#148EnclavePosted 3/1/2013 1:24:17 PM
lxcainxl posted...
That IS above what the average user can do. If that weren't the case, people would not get viruses or pay others to install OSs and software.

I base what is reasonable for anybody to do based on "Can my dad do it". My dad is the most basic computer user I know, he's awful with a computer. He could pull off using Motioninjoy, I'm certain of it.

It just set itself up with two or three cords did it?

Just 2 cords. 1 to power and 1 to the TV.

Some of us bought discs (and disks for that matter). I don't use Steam, so I've never clicked on the "run cabling through the walls and attic button". By the way, did the guys at Steam get access to recode GTA IV to run properly? That would be nifty.

Then you're doing it wrong. Besides, putting a disc in a computer and pressing the button that says install isn't hard. You're horribly exaggerating.

Funny, I seemed to miss the part where I owe fealty to someone out there. After building boxes for going on 25 years, I am pretty sure that they all ran decent on account of my own skills and not of some insubstantial "PC" authority (which is whom, by the way?).

Go work a few years in IT or customer service and then come back and try to say what you did above.

Go work in IT for a few years? What do you think I do for a living? I get the impression that you are trying to make using a PC seem more difficult than it is because you want to feel smugly superior to others because you have the "skills" to be able to use a PC. I have news for you, you're not special. Anybody can game on a PC without much difficulty at all. Sure you'll experience issues with some games such as GTA IV however those are by FAR in the minority and regardless you can experience issues in console games as well.

Get over yourself.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#149cloudkanePosted 3/1/2013 1:26:09 PM
xbox360 chatting is superior and yes the store is a pain
#150SgtBass8705Posted 3/1/2013 1:28:06 PM
My biggest reasons for going PS3 are...
1. Familiar controller from past 2 gens
2. Free online play
3. Single disc video games
4. Cheap blu ray player at time of purchase
5. disc are very scratch resistant. Not one single game in my collection has a scratch even after children have got a hold of them while relatives visited
6. Final fantasy library on PSN
7. Haven't had to replace my PS3, but have had 2 xbox 360's crash
8. I prefer Sony exclusives
9. I actually used to enjoy playstation home
10. it's a habit I've purchased every nintendo, and sony console.

Side note: I've also owned both xbox systems, but aside from Halo, and Fable I've never felt a need to play on xbox.
---
PSN: JoshD8705