This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I Better Off Buying The 250 GB or the 4 GB Xbox 360?

#1roadwarrioracePosted 3/1/2013 10:01:01 AM
I need your help from the people on this board who know about the systems more than me. Am I better off with the 250 GB or the 4 GB?

And is Microsoft going to release any new consoles this year?

Thank You All.
#2TheYummyPosted 3/1/2013 10:03:52 AM
It all depends i suppose. Are you looking to buy arcade games,dlc,or games on demand? You also have to take into consideration putting your games on the hard drive. It saves wear and tear on your box.
#3WomackdPosted 3/1/2013 10:04:42 AM
I thought i could live with the 4g but the aggrevation of always having to delete something just to add a demo just isnt worth. Get the 250-320hd, and buy kinect at gamestop for 80ish bucks.
#4GriffPosted 3/1/2013 10:08:59 AM
If you plan on downloading arcade games, digital games, movies, music, original xbox games, then I'd definitely go for the 250GB version.

No release date yet, but I'd suspect nothing until next year.
#5SparkItUpPosted 3/1/2013 10:09:04 AM
better off getting the 250GB......and it is rumored that MS will be announcing a new console @ E3
---
http://youtu.be/N_atFMCUJ1o
Say you're my lover, say you're my homie, Tilt my chin back slit my throat take a bath in my blood get to know me
#6roadwarriorace(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 10:11:02 AM
I'm only going to play wrestling games like WWE 13 that just came out.

And what is Kinect? Is it important?

Please tell me everything I need to purchase I at least need. I want to make one purchase and get it right the first time.
#7TheYummyPosted 3/1/2013 10:21:48 AM(edited)
If you're just playing wwe13 it might be worth it, but there is dlc for that game. What other games and genres are you interested in?

The kinect is a motion sensor device you can put near your tv. Its like the wii in a way but it tracks your entire body. I dont think its necessary unless you are into the type of games that are out for it.
#8GriffPosted 3/1/2013 10:19:29 AM
If you're basing your purchase solely off that one game, then the 4GB version will be fine.

However, there are so many great downloadable arcade games, also additional content for games and other stuff, it really pays to have the hdd.

Kinect is an camera / motion detector that lets you play Kinect enabled games with body movements. I found the games to be totally lacking in quality, poor control, slow, just a complete waste of money,
If you're a huge Dance Dance Revolution fan, you might appreciate it, but short of that,
it's a sub par optional attachment that really adds nothing to the experience.
#9roadwarriorace(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 10:21:27 AM
TheYummy posted...
If you're just playing wwe13 it might be worth it, but there is dlc for that game. What other games and genres are you interested in?

Sorry to sound like a dummy but what is DLC? Does it mean downloadable content? I've been away from gaming for a long time just getting back into it.

I am looking forward to WWE 14 this coming fall 2013 which hopefully will also be released on the xbox 360 console.
#10TheYummyPosted 3/1/2013 10:26:09 AM
Yes it is downloadable content. Wwe 13 has new characters and other things available to purchase. None of its necessary unless you're a huge fan and want to have as many characters available as possible.