This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Normal or Inverted. Which do you prefer?

#1TravarkothPosted 3/1/2013 11:22:12 AM
Which setting do you prefer to use? Normal or Inverted? - Results (90 votes)
Normal during First-Person / Third-Person controls, Inverted when flying.
38.89% (35 votes)
Inverted during First-Person / Third-Person controls, Inverted when flying.
32.22% (29 votes)
Normal during First-Person / Third-Person controls, Normal when flying.
27.78% (25 votes)
Inverted during First-Person / Third-Person controls, Normal when flying.
1.11% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For me, it's normal settings during on-foot controls, and inverted for flight navigation.

You guys?
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#2HighOnPhazonPosted 3/1/2013 11:27:50 AM
Inverted for both. It makes the most sense. I've been arguing this fact for years. When you look up, you tilt your head backwards. When you look down, you tilt your head forward. This translates to the analog stick.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#3SwtorN00bPosted 3/1/2013 11:28:27 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Inverted for both. It makes the most sense. I've been arguing this fact for years. When you look up, you tilt your head backwards. When you look down, you tilt your head forward. This translates to the analog stick.

No.
#4Reel_Big_MikePosted 3/1/2013 11:28:52 AM
Always on normal for every game except flying games. In 99.9% of games when I press up, I want to look up. But when you're playing a flying game it's different b/c you're controlling a stick where, in order to go up, you need to pull it back towards you (aka down).
#5Arucard05Posted 3/1/2013 11:29:59 AM
Normal for camera, inverted for flying. The control method of Champions.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#6pakathecatPosted 3/1/2013 11:30:22 AM
Normal for all. I've never liked inverted, and hate switching back and forth between normal and inverted. At least these days most games let you choose.
#7nothingbeastPosted 3/1/2013 11:59:31 AM
Inverted for both player camera and flight.

SwtorN00b posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...

No.

Yeah it does.

Put your thumb on top of your head. Now look up. Now look down. Notice how your thumb reacts.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#8JenniferTatePosted 3/1/2013 12:03:49 PM(edited)
Inverted for both. Ever man a camera? Especially on a tripod so you can play with tilt shots? That's how inverted sticks work. That said, I understand how people prefer Normal if they see it more as moving a cursor. I see it as controlling a camera.

Flight is just a bonus, but my dad was a fighter pilot, so of course that's how things had to roll in my house.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#9krullPosted 3/1/2013 12:03:45 PM
Inverted for both, I think of myself as the cameraman in all games, I tilt the camera's butt down to look up and up to look down, those who like normal could actually be more immersed as they see themselves as the actual lens or eyeball but I'm too used to inverted at this point.
---
Think not that we are beaten. Think not we are restrained. We stand, unflinching witness, defiant now, Unchained.
~To Strive To Seek To Find And Not To Yield~
#10nothingbeastPosted 3/1/2013 12:04:19 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Inverted for both. Ever man a camera? Especially on a tripod so you can play with tilt shots? That's how inverted sticks work.

Flight is just a bonus, but my dad was a fighter pilot, so of course that's how things had to roll in my house.

Sorry, that last part made me laugh.

"YOU LIVE UNDER MY ROOF, YOU PLAY WITH INVERTED!!!"
:p
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.