This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Xbox brand will be sold to someone like Sony, failure is inevitable"

#31D1TremerePosted 3/2/2013 12:20:17 PM
Not defending the article, but if any of you feel you know better then why not refute it with research to his publishers?
---
PSN: BlackSheep121, 360 Tag: D1Tremere, Steam ID: D1Tremere
#32SunDevil77Posted 3/2/2013 12:27:47 PM
D1Tremere posted...
Not defending the article, but if any of you feel you know better then why not refute it with research to his publishers?

Should I really spend my time researching data to disprove an article in which the author makes statements that, alone, can prove he's coconuts?
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#33The_DjokerPosted 3/2/2013 12:30:02 PM
Fellas, Nintendo has the highest of being "doomed" this generation.

Nintendo wii U maybe. Not Nintendo in general. I've said this before but If Nintendo only did Consoles they would have been out of the hardware business 10 years ago.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#34Gawl9427Posted 3/2/2013 12:41:59 PM
IWU posted...
I especially like the part where he said...

“The entertainment division will be spun off, sold to someone like Sony or possibly Barnes & Noble, or dramatically reduced in size,” says Forbes contributor Adam Hartung.

Note the portion in bold. As we can see gentlemen, this is the exact point where this "analyst" lost all credibility. It's like finding the weakest point in the foundation of a house, kicking that point with mild force, and then watching as the house implodes upon itself.

Well, they do own Gamestop, but just think! You'll be able to play used, and only used, games on your console!
---
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.7 GHz | 8GB DDR3 Kingston | 6950 2GB Unlocked | ASRock 970 Extreme4 | 750w PC Power & Cooling | Kuhler H20 620
Gamertag: Kether
#35GnomestonePosted 3/2/2013 12:46:31 PM(edited)
Sony is in a worse position then any of the big 3 companies. Yet you don't see the TC posting doom topics on the Sony boards.

Enjoy the real data, fanboys.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Total-Liabilities-chart1.jpg

Compare Apple’s total assets ($162.90 billion) to Apple’s total liabilities ($51.15 billion).
Compare Microsoft’s total assets ($121.27 billion) to Microsoft’s total liabilities ($54.91 billion).
Now compare Sony’s total assets ($166.22 billion) to Sony’s total liabilities ($135.61 billion).
Since total assets include everything that Sony owns (cash, buildings, divisions, intellectual property, etc.)…Sony would have to sell over 80 percent of their total assets (Total Assets = Every single thing Sony owns including cash) just to pay off their total liabilities.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/09/08/the-ten-year-decline-of-sony/
#36PippythePoopPosted 3/3/2013 1:13:35 PM
PippythePoop posted...
The B&N part of the article is truly hysterical, but so is the concept of Sony buying out Microsoft's games division. The author clearly doesn't have the first idea how much of a money bind Sony is in. There's a reason they recently sold their New York skyscraper for a billion dollars.

Enclave posted...
Sony actually has more money to spend than you probably think. If Sony were to drop their consumer electronics other than Playstation they would suddenly become quite the profitable company again.

slyman19 posted...
Sony has about 7 billion in the bank with over 100 billion in debt. No way in hell they could afford the Xbox brand. Also things are not going to get better for Sony with Kaz as CEO (nor will MS get better with Ballmer in charge).

Gnomestone posted...
Compare Apple’s total assets ($162.90 billion) to Apple’s total liabilities ($51.15 billion).
Compare Microsoft’s total assets ($121.27 billion) to Microsoft’s total liabilities ($54.91 billion).
Now compare Sony’s total assets ($166.22 billion) to Sony’s total liabilities ($135.61 billion).
Since total assets include everything that Sony owns (cash, buildings, divisions, intellectual property, etc.)…Sony would have to sell over 80 percent of their total assets (Total Assets = Every single thing Sony owns including cash) just to pay off their total liabilities.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/09/08/the-ten-year-decline-of-sony/

I was going to set Enclave right, but it appears I have already been beaten to it.
---
"Sig Wipes"....the easiest way to get 100's of messages modded at once! Woo-Hoo!