This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I bet no early leaked games will work before launch on Xbox 720

#1jaymart_2kPosted 3/2/2013 3:24:36 PM
With all these early leaked games that happen with the Xbox 360 I bet when the Xbox 720 hits that Microsoft will have a software built in that won't let someone play a leaked game early.

Of course there's always a way via hackers but this will just make it harder for say someone who got it early via a small shop to just pop in the disc & play all they want.
---
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k (Nintendo ID) JayMart
#2nonexistingheroPosted 3/2/2013 3:38:06 PM
I'm not even sure why you're bothered to make this topic, because:

1. It'll be a few years before piracy on the new console is possible, at minimum.
2. Whatever MS will pull to prevent pirates from playing early, will be affecting consumers negatively.

If anything, if MS pulls this bs I'll be rooting for hackers to make MS look like idiots.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3zmousePosted 3/2/2013 3:38:11 PM
Play offline(if we can) and set system clock forward, assuming the disc had some kind date lock on it.
#4zmousePosted 3/2/2013 3:40:11 PM
nonexistinghero posted...

1. It'll be a few years before piracy on the new console is possible, at minimum.
2. Whatever MS will pull to prevent pirates from playing early, will be affecting consumers negatively.

If anything, if MS pulls this bs I'll be rooting for hackers to make MS look like idiots.

I think he's talking about people who get a legit disc early from a merchant or some other way which is a non problem imo.
#5DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/2/2013 3:44:40 PM
Does anyone else cringe when people call it the 720? Damn I hope Microsoft isn't dumb enough to call it that.
#6IWUPosted 3/2/2013 3:55:07 PM
zmouse posted...
nonexistinghero posted...

I think he's talking about people who get a legit disc early from a merchant or some other way which is a non problem imo.

^yeah, this. He's referring to shops that break the street date on a retail copy of a game. I don't think MS should stop people from playing retail copies of games early because its not the consumers fault that the street date was broken, it's the retailer's fault.
---
...due to having Asperger I simply don't care... for real. I just... don't. I find everyone weird and I myself am weird. -mtjormitch
#7PStrifePosted 3/2/2013 7:21:25 PM
The ultra draconian next-gen world of gaming does not seem very fun. All these software locks make the experience quite annoying and more of a hassle to deal with.

See Microsoft in like 6 years if this is what the nerds in charge think are selling points. Ya know, you got to make people want to deal with this crap. What do I get out of it?

Still seeing squat in terms of product benefits. Taking without giving is not how it works in the reals world.
#8FredSavage27Posted 3/2/2013 8:58:55 PM
How would review copies work?
#9PStrifePosted 3/2/2013 9:34:37 PM
They would also be locked and given an expiry date. So that they are purposely left with a coaster, which I suppose they could sell off for some hacker to figure out. Depending on the review license agreement.

Or they force them to just download it by inputting some code and have the same digital locks enforced.

Just think like a control freak would think.