This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout 3 DLC any good?

#11ender003Posted 3/2/2013 7:34:51 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
The best thing about Fallout 3 DLC is how easily you can get it free.

Do tell. By PM if necessary.
---
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.
#12_LordAndSaviorPosted 3/2/2013 8:07:49 PM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
I am someone who normally hates DLC, but the Fallout 3 DLC is totally worth it. I forget the names of them, but the one that continues the story from the end of the game is the best one to get.

Agree'd.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#13staticxtreme5Posted 3/2/2013 8:17:04 PM
I found the DLC for Fallout 3 to be hit or miss. There were some good moments, and there were some times that I was having a hard time staying interested. It is pretty easy to get the DLC for free from it. Find somewhere you can rent / borrow / buy > return the GotY version and download it from the disc. I am curious if Fallout NV is the same way. If I were to get my hands on the Ultimate version of New Vegas, would I be able to do that same thing, or did they change the way they handled the DLC with that game?
#14Reel_Big_MikePosted 3/2/2013 8:20:02 PM(edited)
ender003 posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
The best thing about Fallout 3 DLC is how easily you can get it free.

Do tell. By PM if necessary.

If he's talking about what I think he's talking about:

- Go to Gamestop (or any other store that sells used games and allows returns on them)
- Buy a used copy of the Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
- The DLC comes on a separate disc, insert that disc, and install all of the DLC
- Now that all the DLC is installed on your HDD, just return the game

staticxtreme5 posted...
If I were to get my hands on the Ultimate version of New Vegas, would I be able to do that same thing, or did they change the way they handled the DLC with that game?

Yes, you can do the same thing with the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.
#15Ginsu VictimPosted 3/2/2013 8:26:58 PM(edited)
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
- Go to Gamestop (or any other store that sells used games and allows returns on them)
- Buy a used copy of the Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
- The DLC comes on a separate disc, insert that disc, and install all of the DLC
- Now that all the DLC is installed on your HDD, just return the game

I was thinking borrow it from someone or whatever.

However, there is an easier way that I was thinking about first...
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#16ShadowElite86Posted 3/2/2013 10:26:44 PM
I liked Point Lookout (the best of the bunch), The Pitt, and Broken Steel. Mothership Zeta was a complete piece of crap and I was expecting to love that one.
#17ender003Posted 3/2/2013 11:19:03 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...

Quit being a tease. >=O
---
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.
#18Rome218Posted 3/2/2013 11:29:15 PM
ShadowElite86 posted...
I liked Point Lookout (the best of the bunch), The Pitt, and Broken Steel. Mothership Zeta was a complete piece of crap and I was expecting to love that one.

I played all of them except Mothership Zeta.

I liked Point Lookout because it was interesting. Also after completion you can get the Chinese Stealth Suit!

The Pitt gives you I believe the strongest melee weapon. Also you can get a scoped rifle that has a silencer. If you do this chore to get 100 ignots, you can get the good version of that weapon. It is a little weak though, even with critical. The Pitt also gives you the ability to make ammo that you may find scarce. Overall I say it was a solid 8.

Broken Steel extends the game if I recall. I think if you do not have it, the game ends early and the level cap is at 20.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#19Xatu235Posted 3/3/2013 2:12:47 AM
I played all of them. Some are better than others, but they are all worth playing. My favorite one was Point Lookout. I actually think Point Lookout was one of the highlights of the entire game, DLC or not.
---
Xbox Live GamerTag: ChozoGhost
#20Kyle1022Posted 3/3/2013 2:39:20 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
I was thinking borrow it from someone or whatever.

Are you talking about injecting it onto a USB and transferring it onto the Xbox? I mean, the one you found online and PAID the publisher for, of course.

Because I was under the impression that didn't work anymore for DRM DLC.