This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout 3 DLC any good?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Fallout 3 DLC any good?

User Info: ender003

ender003
4 years ago#11
Ginsu Victim posted...
The best thing about Fallout 3 DLC is how easily you can get it free.

Do tell. By PM if necessary.
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.

User Info: _LordAndSavior

_LordAndSavior
4 years ago#12
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
I am someone who normally hates DLC, but the Fallout 3 DLC is totally worth it. I forget the names of them, but the one that continues the story from the end of the game is the best one to get.

Agree'd.
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.

User Info: weAREtheB0RG

weAREtheB0RG
4 years ago#13
I found the DLC for Fallout 3 to be hit or miss. There were some good moments, and there were some times that I was having a hard time staying interested. It is pretty easy to get the DLC for free from it. Find somewhere you can rent / borrow / buy > return the GotY version and download it from the disc. I am curious if Fallout NV is the same way. If I were to get my hands on the Ultimate version of New Vegas, would I be able to do that same thing, or did they change the way they handled the DLC with that game?

User Info: Reel_Big_Mike

Reel_Big_Mike
4 years ago#14
ender003 posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
The best thing about Fallout 3 DLC is how easily you can get it free.

Do tell. By PM if necessary.

If he's talking about what I think he's talking about:

- Go to Gamestop (or any other store that sells used games and allows returns on them)
- Buy a used copy of the Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
- The DLC comes on a separate disc, insert that disc, and install all of the DLC
- Now that all the DLC is installed on your HDD, just return the game

staticxtreme5 posted...
If I were to get my hands on the Ultimate version of New Vegas, would I be able to do that same thing, or did they change the way they handled the DLC with that game?

Yes, you can do the same thing with the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
4 years ago#15
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
- Go to Gamestop (or any other store that sells used games and allows returns on them)
- Buy a used copy of the Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
- The DLC comes on a separate disc, insert that disc, and install all of the DLC
- Now that all the DLC is installed on your HDD, just return the game

I was thinking borrow it from someone or whatever.

However, there is an easier way that I was thinking about first...
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: ShadowElite86

ShadowElite86
4 years ago#16
I liked Point Lookout (the best of the bunch), The Pitt, and Broken Steel. Mothership Zeta was a complete piece of crap and I was expecting to love that one.

User Info: ender003

ender003
4 years ago#17
Ginsu Victim posted...

Quit being a tease. >=O
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
4 years ago#18
ShadowElite86 posted...
I liked Point Lookout (the best of the bunch), The Pitt, and Broken Steel. Mothership Zeta was a complete piece of crap and I was expecting to love that one.

I played all of them except Mothership Zeta.

I liked Point Lookout because it was interesting. Also after completion you can get the Chinese Stealth Suit!

The Pitt gives you I believe the strongest melee weapon. Also you can get a scoped rifle that has a silencer. If you do this chore to get 100 ignots, you can get the good version of that weapon. It is a little weak though, even with critical. The Pitt also gives you the ability to make ammo that you may find scarce. Overall I say it was a solid 8.

Broken Steel extends the game if I recall. I think if you do not have it, the game ends early and the level cap is at 20.
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES

User Info: Xatu235

Xatu235
4 years ago#19
I played all of them. Some are better than others, but they are all worth playing. My favorite one was Point Lookout. I actually think Point Lookout was one of the highlights of the entire game, DLC or not.
Xbox Live GamerTag: ChozoGhost

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
4 years ago#20
Ginsu Victim posted...
I was thinking borrow it from someone or whatever.

Are you talking about injecting it onto a USB and transferring it onto the Xbox? I mean, the one you found online and PAID the publisher for, of course.

Because I was under the impression that didn't work anymore for DRM DLC.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Fallout 3 DLC any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived