This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question about this headset...

#1staticxtreme5Posted 3/2/2013 7:03:15 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Surround-Headset-Bundle-Amplifier/dp/B004EBUSJY/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1362279240&sr=1-3&keywords=turtle+beach+dxl12

Would I need anything not included in the box to hook up and enjoy these headphones? I am only playing single player with them, I have no use for the mic functionality. I am new to the headphones scene so I'm not sure what I need and don't need. I'm really not wanting to drop more than $100 - $125 on a set. I do want surround sound and I do not want wireless unless its something that I can charge on a dock. I have no desire to change batteries every 2-3 hours of playtime.

One last question, how long is the cord(s) for the headsets usually? I assume I'll have no issues in my situation because I will be less than 12 foot away from the TV and console when I play, but if there is one thing I can't stand its fighting cords that are barely the right length. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
#2staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 7:28:20 PM
Anyone?
#3SunDevil77Posted 3/2/2013 7:29:28 PM
Seinheisser PC360 + Astro MixAmp Combo
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#4ukokira1Posted 3/2/2013 8:22:06 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Seinheisser PC360 + Astro MixAmp Combo

While those are infinitely superior to Turtle Beach at least try to answer his question. I can not help you TC but I will bump this topic for others output.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#5staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 9:42:28 PM
Yeah I would consider that setup, however it looks to be very expensive. I'm not wanting to spend more than $125 on a set.
#6CammyApplePosted 3/2/2013 10:02:42 PM
Which 360 do you have? Are you going to hook it up via Toslink? It does not come with a toslink cable.

You may also need a micro (or maybe it/s mini) USB cable.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#7staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 10:52:31 PM
I have the newest model (Slim) and I have no idea what you mean Toslink. As I said, I'm new to this so I have no idea what I should or need to do.
#8CammyApplePosted 3/2/2013 10:55:17 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
I have the newest model (Slim) and I have no idea what you mean Toslink. As I said, I'm new to this so I have no idea what I should or need to do.

In order to get the most out of the DSS box you'll want to hook it up via toslink (optical audio). So you'll need to buy a toslink cable. Shouldn't cost more than four or five dollars. You'll connect the box to the 360 via toslink (for audio) and USB (for power). You then connect the headset to the DSS box via USB and 3.5mm analog.

It's actually quite simple.

Is your 360 connected to your TV via HDMI?
---
#9CammyApplePosted 3/2/2013 10:55:52 PM
Actually I think that package comes with a Toslink cable. The similar package for the PS3 did.
---
#10staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 11:03:08 PM(edited)
Yes, I use HDMI to my TV however some of my TV ports are broken. I don't have any kind of working audio out on the TV. I have to route sound to a sound bar. I need to get a new TV, but the picture still works fine so it hasn't been a priority...