This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question about this headset...

#11CammyApplePosted 3/2/2013 11:03:06 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Yes, I use HDMI to my TV however some of my TV ports are broken. I don't have any time of working audio out on the TV. I have to route sound to a sound bar. I need to get a new TV, but the picture still works fine so it hasn't been a priority...

The above description is how you will likely set it up. It looks like a lot of wires but it's not. You'll ignore the RCA adapter if you use the DSS box.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#12staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 11:07:09 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. Do you happen to know how long of a cord I can expect with these type headsets? 10-12 foot or more than that?
#13CammyApplePosted 3/2/2013 11:09:23 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Cool, thanks for the info. Do you happen to know how long of a cord I can expect with these type headsets? 10-12 foot or more than that?

16 feet.
---
#14staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 11:12:25 PM
Nice. That will be plenty then. Thanks again for the answers!
#15RedFive3Posted 3/2/2013 11:16:23 PM
Calling Dr. CapwnD, Dr. CapwnD
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#16CammyApplePosted 3/2/2013 11:17:29 PM
RedFive3 posted...
Calling Dr. CapwnD, Dr. CapwnD

When the TC comes back in three months wanting a better set up that's when the Senns/Mixamp/DSS combo can be explained.
---
#17CapwnDPosted 3/3/2013 12:44:50 AM
^ lol!

That's a descent setup but one thing though... you wont' need the adapter if you have a slim. The slim has tosllink optical out so you don't need the adapter.

And that unit should come with the toslnik cable.

Actually what I use now is that Dss (actually I use the DSS2) along with the mixamp, and the Sennheiser PC360.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh