This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"New Video Game Consoles Are Hurting GameStop"

#1TravarkothPosted 3/2/2013 8:34:03 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100512698
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#2JascoDPosted 3/2/2013 8:38:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3gudamanPosted 3/2/2013 8:59:26 PM
I hope they do more than hurt Gamestop. Personally, I wish I could be the one twisting the knife in that company's back.
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#4Homie_202Posted 3/2/2013 9:07:44 PM
gudaman posted...
I hope they do more than hurt Gamestop. Personally, I wish I could be the one twisting the knife in that company's back.

Me too and I work there.
#5gudamanPosted 3/2/2013 9:11:39 PM
Homie_202 posted...
gudaman posted...

Me too and I work there.

I used to... gave that business 3 years of my life... granted they did fund my gaming and other habits but I still hate them
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#6Homie_202Posted 3/2/2013 10:37:30 PM
Yea I have been there 2 and a half years and it just gets worse with each day. I hate the customers the most.
#7Last VampirePosted 3/2/2013 11:10:19 PM
No other retailer is any different. Why people think Gamestop is worse than Wal-Mart or Target is beyond me. My theory is that it's partly because the stores are relatively small making it harder to avoid speaking to employees, and partly because of groupthink.

Not sure which is more responsible though.
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#8BeefEasterPosted 3/2/2013 11:50:55 PM
Last Vampire posted...
No other retailer is any different. Why people think Gamestop is worse than Wal-Mart or Target is beyond me. My theory is that it's partly because the stores are relatively small making it harder to avoid speaking to employees, and partly because of groupthink.

since when does walmart or target buy used games for a few dollars and then sell them for $40 or $50 or try to sell people open games as new?
#9stargazer1981Posted 3/3/2013 12:21:46 AM(edited)
BeefEaster posted...
Last Vampire posted...

since when does walmart or target buy used games for a few dollars and then sell them for $40 or $50 or try to sell people open games as new?

Wah.

If you get an "opened copy" either suck it up, because you were gonna open it anyway and as long as it's not scratched who gives a ****, or don't accept it and move on to a different store.

Jesus Christ, these excuses why GS sucks are getting monotonous.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#10GGearXPosted 3/3/2013 12:23:05 AM
BeefEaster posted...
Last Vampire posted...

He's talking about working for them. It's retail. It's all the same.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy *blushes *.......