This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will 360s go extinct?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Will 360s go extinct?
2 years ago#1
Honestly, not even trolling, it's a serious question. There's working Ataris and NESs today, because they had such simpler hardware therefore less things that could go wrong, but it seems like a 360 can't make it past the 3-5 year mark... I've gone through 3 already, my 4th is currently dying. First one lasted less than a year, refurb was dead out of the box, next refurb worked extremely poorly before dying after a week.

I have a feeling they'll be scarce about 5 years after they cease production, and prices for used consoles will go up.
2 years ago#2
Look, prices are at an ALL TIME low, by the end of the fiscal year, gems will be the hot commodity, ESPECIALLY........... ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAY
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
2 years ago#3
I'll probably buy a couple for experimentation, once they're really cheap. I've had the same box since 07, now, just needs a good dusting now and then.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
2 years ago#4
I imagine that <eventually> it will be more and more difficult to find them.

However, with as many consoles being currently produced as there are, I think it'll take longer than five years for them to begin being difficult to find or expensive.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
2 years ago#5
Well, much like the Dreamcast by the time games and reliable 360 consoles become hard to find proper pc emulation will ensure that we can enjoy 360 games regardless...
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell
2 years ago#6
I'll do what I did with the first xbox.

buy a brand new one right at the end of its life, make sure it works, and put it away.

figure thats my best chance of having a working one down the line, and my old ones still work today.

seems like they live forever after they "retire" almost like there is no reason to enable the killswitch.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Will 360s go extinct?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived