This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will 360s go extinct?

#1Mike 716Posted 3/2/2013 9:44:25 PM
Honestly, not even trolling, it's a serious question. There's working Ataris and NESs today, because they had such simpler hardware therefore less things that could go wrong, but it seems like a 360 can't make it past the 3-5 year mark... I've gone through 3 already, my 4th is currently dying. First one lasted less than a year, refurb was dead out of the box, next refurb worked extremely poorly before dying after a week.

I have a feeling they'll be scarce about 5 years after they cease production, and prices for used consoles will go up.
#2GorillaInTubPosted 3/2/2013 9:46:39 PM
Look, prices are at an ALL TIME low, by the end of the fiscal year, gems will be the hot commodity, ESPECIALLY........... ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAY
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#3GuideToTheDarkPosted 3/2/2013 9:49:02 PM
I'll probably buy a couple for experimentation, once they're really cheap. I've had the same box since 07, now, just needs a good dusting now and then.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#4JoboHotepPosted 3/2/2013 9:49:02 PM
I imagine that <eventually> it will be more and more difficult to find them.

However, with as many consoles being currently produced as there are, I think it'll take longer than five years for them to begin being difficult to find or expensive.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#5Sipher360Posted 3/2/2013 10:23:14 PM
Well, much like the Dreamcast by the time games and reliable 360 consoles become hard to find proper pc emulation will ensure that we can enjoy 360 games regardless...
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell
#6Killah PriestPosted 3/2/2013 10:26:06 PM
I'll do what I did with the first xbox.

buy a brand new one right at the end of its life, make sure it works, and put it away.

figure thats my best chance of having a working one down the line, and my old ones still work today.

seems like they live forever after they "retire" almost like there is no reason to enable the killswitch.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.