This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You can have any game ever made on your 360...

#31JenniferTatePosted 3/3/2013 10:48:47 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...
The original Buffy the Vampire Slayer game for Xbox, reworked with Uncharted style attention to detail HD and physics. Packed with an HD Chaos Bleeds on the disc since I'm dreaming.

Awesome. I never got to play Buffy, sadly. :(

It is one of the best brawlers I have ever played. The punches and kicks had a nice weight to them, as did slapping things with pool cues and bats. Bodies reacted amazingly.

I want to separate my Buffy love to be objective, but to be objective, you have to know the license is what makes this brawler work so well. It embraces everything about Buffy that would make it a great game; this game came from my head.

Weapons break. You can then turn them into stakes, and you stake the vamps to put them down for the kill. No stakes? There are environmental weapons galore to punch and kick vampires into and dust them. Still overwhelmed by the undead? Try lighting them on fire, or holy water from a squirtgun, or pull out your crossbow.

And later on, you get a glaive you can behead people with if you want to be quick and dirty. The staking/burning mechanic really does give the combat it's own flair, though, and the fights are like brawls on the show, only more brutal.

The voice acting is solid, as all but Gellar play their roles. The graphics for the time were amazing, and are still timeless enough to hold up well in their likenesses. It even recreated the shows opening title sequence.

Really, the game was just a quality brawler with enough twists to make the game shine on it's own, even if you didn't like the show.

Chaos Bleeds, the sequel of sorts, had stakes and holy water vials, but it didn't have quite the same feel to the combat. Inferior on the Slayer end, but you could play as Willow with magic, or other characters with various strengths. The graphics there were a step down, probably because it was multiplatform.

I don't want to be all fanboy, but the Xbox had it's share of exclusives that really showed the gap in power; Riddick, Splinter Cell, Buffy...

The team that made Buffy, The Collective, made an Indiana Jones game that used the same combat and platforming. This time the gimmick was the whip and firearms. Pistols sort of felt like ranged punches, which added to the pulp quality Indy is known for. Also a great game worth tracking down.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#32nickoman33Posted 3/3/2013 10:53:33 PM
bossk5 posted...
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

I put hundreds of hours into that.
#33Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 3/3/2013 11:06:46 PM
I was going to go with Resident Evil 2 remade like the original was, but I think I would rather have a remade Die Hard Trilogy with the real voices and not the terrible voice actors they had in the original game.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#34Perfect LightPosted 3/3/2013 11:25:40 PM
GTA Vice City. Would love to replay that game in HD.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#35SplatterHouse55Posted 3/4/2013 12:57:56 AM
Panzer Dragoon Saga

Shining Force 3 is a close second. They're the only Sega Saturn games that I REALLY want to play, but I don't want to drop $300 - $400 to play them.
#36JukainPosted 3/4/2013 1:06:23 AM
Perfect Light posted...
GTA Vice City. Would love to replay that game in HD.

Play it on PC.

@topic: Demon's Souls
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#37PokenubPosted 3/4/2013 1:08:05 AM
Xenogears. If this happened, I would have to say bye to all my friends as they'd never see me again, except for at the wedding between me and my Xenogears containing Xbox 360.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#38JenniferTatePosted 3/4/2013 1:09:16 AM
Pokenub posted...
Xenogears. If this happened, I would have to say bye to all my friends as they'd never see me again, except for at the wedding between me and my Xenogears containing Xbox 360.

My gamer regret is never getting to play it. I tried. I borrowed a copy from a friend, but it kept giving me an error or freezing after the opening burning village sequence. Or at least that's what I recall, if it was a different setting, my fault.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#39BrutalBrockenPosted 3/4/2013 1:11:38 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Pokenub posted...

My gamer regret is never getting to play it. I tried. I borrowed a copy from a friend, but it kept giving me an error or freezing after the opening burning village sequence. Or at least that's what I recall, if it was a different setting, my fault.

I have Xenogears, whenever u want Saints Row 3, add that
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#40VeliconisPosted 3/4/2013 2:48:38 AM
Hmm...I think I'm going to have to go with Killer Instinct.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.