This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2: There's something missing in this game compared to the first...

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 3/3/2013 10:33:28 AM
And I can't quite put my finger on it. I got my first character to level 27 (Commando) and I just couldn't quite push through to finish the game. I've created every other class and got them to around 15 or so.

I don't know if it's the complete lack of decent guns or what but I don't feel the motivation to get back in and play it. I *want* to, but every time I load up my save, I stop after about 20mins. I think part of it might be that it seems every gun I get sprays bullets everywhere and trying to kill stuff in the air is ridiculously difficult. Or maybe I just suck... who knows.

Anyone else kind of in the same boat?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#2pothocketPosted 3/3/2013 10:34:34 AM
Sounds like you're playing alone. I think what's missing is obvious...
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3Chewy247Posted 3/3/2013 10:36:34 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
And I can't quite put my finger on it. I got my first character to level 27 (Commando) and I just couldn't quite push through to finish the game. I've created every other class and got them to around 15 or so.

I don't know if it's the complete lack of decent guns or what but I don't feel the motivation to get back in and play it. I *want* to, but every time I load up my save, I stop after about 20mins. I think part of it might be that it seems every gun I get sprays bullets everywhere and trying to kill stuff in the air is ridiculously difficult. Or maybe I just suck... who knows.

I didn't finish it either and I played both 1 and 2 solo
---
Back to Nintendo And Sony
#4xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 10:42:29 AM(edited)
pothocket posted...
Sounds like you're playing alone. I think what's missing is obvious...

About half my playtime with BL2 was with 3 RL friends via Live but I still didn't find myself wanting to play too much.

Maybe the first game burned me out... I played the s*** out of it and loved every part of it. It was definitely very difficult yet the rewards I got seemed to make the challenge worth it. Here it just doesn't seem to give me anything good... ever.

One of my best friends played BL1 every day for close to a solid year and got through BL2 once and hasn't touched it. He can't tell me precisely why either. I'm just dumbfounded that I'm not hooked on the game like I expected to be.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#5impatientpersonPosted 3/3/2013 10:44:01 AM
I completely agree TC. I kinda disliked the first one for a while until I gave it another chance when the sequel was getting near. I loved it and ran through it and all the DLC alone. Then the second one came out and me and my brother got through to like level 30-ish maybe but then we weren't able to finish our co-op files (internet wasn't being friendly) and every time I try to make a character to play through with I get to like 15 and get bored. I have no idea why... a little disheartening 'cause I'd really like to finish it.
---
This user is awesome!:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=927246&topic=44002798
#6LorthremarPosted 3/3/2013 10:46:53 AM
I feel the same. I have 417 hours played of Borderlands 1, and 22 of Borderlands 2. It bugs me that I can't figure it out, but something is off about 2.
---
1. No one f***ing asked.
2. Wrong board, Holmes.
#7Firespark1Posted 3/3/2013 10:47:30 AM
Yeah, I agree abotu the drop rate, it just plain horrible... The chance of finding an orange is just so damn low, its disappointing. The only way to get orange is mainly by farming, and that isn't that great, because that is when you finish the damn game.

Need some GOOD orange with higher drop rate, a weapon that make a different. It was quite fun to see some good oranges now and then in 1. That is probably my biggest gripe.
#8shawnmckPosted 3/3/2013 11:06:25 AM
I'm the same way.
Finished Borderlands 1 fairly quickly...but with BL2 I just can't seem to bring myself to finish it.
I start to play and just grow tired of it.

I know its not the characters, as I like the new characters...but something with the whole plot that just prevents me from getting immersed in the game.
Being insulted every 15 minutes by handsome Jack just annoys the crap out of me.
Who gave this guy my phone number ?

Its still a good game, but I have difficulty playing for long periods of time.
I'm also starting to think that this game feels like a huge cash-grab...like they could've done it a bit better, but decided to just hurry up & make the game for some quick cash.
Plus, its lost the feel of the original, where it felt like you were really needed because there weren't so many people on the planet that could be trusted...but this game feels like there are way too many cities & way too many people, which just makes you feel like you are not that special or needed.

I don't know, I'm not sure what it is really either that pulls me out of the game, but something about it does....and I am just rambling, looking for reasons to explain it.

But one thing I know for sure, the recent shenanigans with Gearbox & what they did with Aliens:CM has me extremely disappointed in Gearbox.
I don't think I will ever look at them the same ever again. Their reputation has been seriously tarnished, as far as I'm concerned.
#9PutHaggarInSFPosted 3/3/2013 11:07:47 AM
Sequelitis
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#10takidigits2005Posted 3/3/2013 11:11:35 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...

You need to play with friends. That's when the game drops better loot (the more players the better the loot), and you can always use the item duplication glitch to get the top weapons from your friends as well (if they have better weapons).
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."