This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2: There's something missing in this game compared to the first...

#31pakathecatPosted 3/3/2013 3:11:03 PM(edited)
Yeah, I'm not liking 2 nearly as much as the first, because of the difficulty at times as a solo Siren, and the loot. On the difficulty, sometimes it is ok (though much tougher than the first on the whole), but certain fights are just crazy, like the W4R-D3N fight. Even after he went to Friendship Gulag, the only way I was able to survive was by getting directly behind him, crouching down and unloading everything. Trying to fight from any other angle resulted in me getting overwhelmed by badasses, and having my shield and almost all my health taken out by a single shot from the W4R-D3N from across the map. I know corrosive weapons are useful there, but though I farmed for hours I could not find a single corrosive weapon apart from grenades until after that fight.

ETA: On the loot too, in the first, many good finds would last for quite a few levels, while in 2, even the best stuff seems like they are quickly outclassed by common finds a few levels later.
#32pothocketPosted 3/3/2013 3:15:45 PM
One thing that's missing is the orange weapons. They changed them all into unique boss drops that just encouraged really boring farming.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#33Darkest_EvilPosted 3/3/2013 3:16:53 PM
part 2 is basically part 1 with all the dlc thrown in it..
you got the invincible bosses, you got crazy guns, you got the same recycled stuff from the first.

The characters play almost the same as the first only they tweaked a couple of little things.
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#34xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 3:26:11 PM
Do you guys still use the golden keys whenever Gearbox hands them out? I have around 35 or so and used about 10 of them a few levels back. The guns weren't all that great and like many of you have said, they've already outlived their usefulness.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#35Slinky826Posted 3/3/2013 3:29:09 PM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Do you guys still use the golden keys whenever Gearbox hands them out? I have around 35 or so and used about 10 of them a few levels back. The guns weren't all that great and like many of you have said, they've already outlived their usefulness.

I don't think the Golden Keys were ever really useful. More like a good idea poorly executed.
---
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.
#36TrugamerPosted 3/3/2013 3:35:00 PM
The problem I have with the game is it is just more of the same with some different enemies to shoot at.
Neither the game play or the graphics have advanced at all and the movement controls are still clunky and sloppy.
Also the lack of really unique weapons is a massive let down , it's just finding a more powerful version of a similar weapon over and over.

What this series needs is better game play, improved graphics, unigue loot with armor equips that show and a more fleshed out and deeper game world to be truely amazing .