This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 3 and Introverted Gaming Systems

#11ramseanGoodbyePosted 3/3/2013 2:48:34 PM
Arucard05 posted...
100 hours+ is more of negative than a pro for me. You can look at it like you say, it'll last me a long time. In reality if I don't play a game from start to finish over a few days, I'm not absorbed in the story or the world. If that's the case all I'm doing is wasting time.

Persona 4 Golden took me a little over 100 hours to beat. That took place over two months. It is my favorite game of all time.

Yeah I struggle to do that. I can play a game for a 100 hours but I can't play it in little snippets over months.
#12JenniferTate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 2:50:34 PM
Oh yeah, I'm with you there. I prefer FC2 over FC3 any day of the week.

As excited as I am for Tomb Raider, I hear there's a map on the menu that pin points all the treasures to find, and you can set waypoints on them. I hope that's exaggerated, because that's the kind of "handing to me" (as you put it) I loathe.

At least RDR's treasure hunts took a little more effort.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#13656stoogePosted 3/3/2013 2:56:37 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Oh yeah, I'm with you there. I prefer FC2 over FC3 any day of the week.

As excited as I am for Tomb Raider, I hear there's a map on the menu that pin points all the treasures to find, and you can set waypoints on them. I hope that's exaggerated, because that's the kind of "handing to me" (as you put it) I loathe.

At least RDR's treasure hunts took a little more effort.

Uggh. That makes me even less excited for the game. I'm all for a list that tells me exactly how many of what I've found. That's great because if I ever give in and want to track down that last item I can just hit up an FAQ. But to highlight everything on the map so it's more like following a bread crumb trail of scattered treasure, just turns me off.

I downloaded that Might and Magic game that's on sale at the moment ($3), and it has a fantastic secret system. You hit pause and it tells you how many treasures are on that level (usually three), and it's up to you to find them. And even though they usually hidden pretty well (reminds of Doom's secrets), I've found them all simply because I won't skip to the next level until I know I have them all.

I know it's a bit harder to do that in open-world game, but far Cry 2's system was a lot more engaging, and as you said, games like RDR handled it better too.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#14Arucard05Posted 3/3/2013 2:58:53 PM
But I do hate it when a game I love is taken in the complete opposite direction just to appeal to hose that didn't like it.

You mean like....................Dragon Age II?
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#15JenniferTate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 2:59:39 PM
Yeah. Uncharted just gives a list and the hunting is up to you. I refuse to use an FAQ for them still, so that's a fun hunt. Good thing I enjoy playing it. If the TR thing is true, I'm just going to ignore it.

I actually managed to ignore the stats in RDR to the point where I forgot it tracked a lot of things that were useful around the time I did my achievement hunt (like killing every animal species).
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#16JenniferTate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 3:00:29 PM
Arucard05 posted...
But I do hate it when a game I love is taken in the complete opposite direction just to appeal to hose that didn't like it.

Get it out of here.
---
#17656stoogePosted 3/3/2013 4:39:02 PM
Arucard05 posted...

:)
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#18GorillaInTubPosted 3/3/2013 7:04:39 PM
I'm gay
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#19GorillaInTubPosted 3/3/2013 7:05:57 PM
If you must know.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#20JenniferTate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:12:03 PM
It gets better.
---