This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you rather have games with more replay value or more multiplayer?

#1CalistoCoonPosted 3/3/2013 4:00:36 PM
Both equally well developed and neither feeling tacked on.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2JenniferTatePosted 3/3/2013 4:02:19 PM
Tough call. To me good MP can be replay value.

I'll look at one of my favorite games, Uncharted 2, which lets you earn and unlock cheats, character skins, and things like gravity mods for future play throughs, and vote for more replay value in that vein.

You'd be surprised at how much just giving me extra skins (and cool ones, like Athena in God of War 2) can encourage me to milk a game for years.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#3sockesockePosted 3/3/2013 4:02:28 PM
im not a fan of multiplayer so definetly (singleplayer) replay value.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#4Arucard05Posted 3/3/2013 4:02:58 PM
I generally don't replay games, and I don't play multiplayer, so ummmmm....neither.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#5ukokira1Posted 3/3/2013 4:03:03 PM
Replay Value.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#6Carte360Posted 3/3/2013 4:03:04 PM
I'm a MP fanatic, so mp.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#7ramseanGoodbyePosted 3/3/2013 4:07:35 PM
depends on the genre. For example I'd rather have replay value in horror games because multiplayer ruins those. Whereas racing or FPS give me multiplayer
#8TheBlueStigPosted 3/3/2013 5:47:15 PM
Replay value.

Multiplayer is overrated and too easy to do, and too easy to disrupt by moron griefers and hackers.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#9tracazoidPosted 3/3/2013 6:01:16 PM(edited)
Good multiplayer can itself be tons of replay value.

I never played a game yet that has the replay value I've gotten out of titles like Starcraft or Team Fortress 2, even when I was young and not having spending money(like most kids) and would play my handful of games over and over yet they still don't have the replay value of those two titles.

Even a chunk of Dark Souls longevity is its multiplayer aspect.
#10smashthesmurfsPosted 3/3/2013 5:53:10 PM
Replay value.
---
GT: papa cashwads