This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there so much hate on Call of Duty?

#1mrplasmacutterPosted 3/3/2013 5:12:20 PM
They are fun titles, nothing more and nothing less. They are not groundbreaking. They don't deserve awards. They don't have great stories or interesting mechanics, nor are they innovative. They are simply fun party games with an action packed campaign.

That is it. Just because people enjoy call of duty, does not mean they are immature, ignorant, or casual. The game sells a lot and is very popular because it's undeniably enjoyable and runs flawlessly.
---
Bioshock Infinite = Game of the Year
#2Mumble_Posted 3/3/2013 5:14:50 PM
Its popular.
---
HELLO!!!
#3mrplasmacutter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:17:26 PM
Mumble_ posted...
Its popular.

exactly. It's like Justin Bieber. His lyrics are awful, but he sings well and is a good looking chap. He deserves respect, not hate.
---
#4Dragon NexusPosted 3/3/2013 5:18:39 PM
but he sings well

No, he autotunes well.
You can admire the suit you've dressed the chimp in, but in the end he's still a chimp.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#5Arucard05Posted 3/3/2013 5:20:27 PM(edited)
It's lowest common denominator entertainment.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that in a snobby way, but Call of Duty, the Transformers movies, Nickelback, and The Big Bang Theory are all designed to appeal to as many people as possible. Because of this they are very popular. But you will always have backlash for properties like these from people who demand something else from their entertainment.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#6mrplasmacutter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:23:10 PM
Arucard05 posted...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that in a snobby way, but Call of Duty, the Transformers movies, Nickelback, and The Big Bang Theory are all designed to appeal to as many people as possible. Because of this they are very popular. But you will always have backlash for properties like these from people who demand something else from their entertainment.

I really enjoy Call of Duty, Transformers movies, and I looove Big Bang theory, HOWEVER, my favorite shows are Breaking Bad and The Office.

I guess I am lowest denominator.

You really need to get off your high horse Arucard. ;)
---
#7Arucard05Posted 3/3/2013 5:24:31 PM
I really enjoy Call of Duty, Transformers movies, and I looove Big Bang theory

Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you just want to laugh, or shoot dudes, or see robots fight.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#8Dante729Posted 3/3/2013 5:25:31 PM
Arucard05 posted...

Very well put.
---
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
#9richboy900Posted 3/3/2013 5:25:43 PM
Because its the same game every year with different maps/time periods. Same engine, same formula. There's a reason many people call them lazy devs. Don't get me wrong I like cod and black ops 2 is one of the best ones to date but I'd rather play battlefield any day of the week.
#10mrplasmacutter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:28:21 PM
Arucard05 posted...
I really enjoy Call of Duty, Transformers movies, and I looove Big Bang theory

Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you just want to laugh, or shoot dudes, or see robots fight.

ok but most people here say "oh you dislike this and this, you must be a call of duty kiddie"

Frankly, it makes people look foolish.

People also say that Call of Duty games have bought critic reviews. THEY DON'T!
The games deserve the decent reviews they get because they work well and provide what they promise.
---