This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there so much hate on Call of Duty?

#21Coop14Posted 3/3/2013 5:06:03 PM
Because it is a terrible FPS that is for mindless thought of spray and pray.

You want a FPS? Counter Strike. Real mens FPS
---
I'd like to pull those horns, smash her face into my bed. - Zardar, the one who makes me laugh over everything.
Music is apart of the soul. Cannot define this.
#22chrish909Posted 3/3/2013 5:11:53 PM
Theyve tricked a majority of the gaming community into liking the game its like heroin. Everybody i know that plays it has a love hate relationship with the game. Im in a party with my friend playing blops 2 and hes saying i should play. I tell him ya ya ya. And moments later he is raging. From what i've seen all the treyarch ones have terrible netcode and if you think how you died is bs you are probably right. I realized this after the 100th time of watching a kill cam and seeing my character not doing what i was doing.

Also battlefeild had the chance to take the throne but they messed up by releasing bf3 rather than bfbc3. Bf3 is catered to pc gamers like the rest of the battlefields. Bad companies had smaller maps similar to cod which catered to consoles. The maps on bf3 are designed for 64v64 not 16v16. I do not know why ea would allow dice to release bf3 when console sales outnumber pc sales by a wide margin. If they released bfbc3 cod would be hurting and bf would be set to take the throne hopefully dice is working on bfbc3 instead of bf4
#23chrish909Posted 3/3/2013 5:17:06 PM
People are addicted because they come so close to getting a kill but dont and they immediately respawn. Ill admit it can be fun but not with an impaired netcode. The game will litterally bs you. The series has not been fun to me since mw2
#24richboy900Posted 3/3/2013 5:21:02 PM
chrish909 posted...
Theyve tricked a majority of the gaming community into liking the game its like heroin. Everybody i know that plays it has a love hate relationship with the game. Im in a party with my friend playing blops 2 and hes saying i should play. I tell him ya ya ya. And moments later he is raging. From what i've seen all the treyarch ones have terrible netcode and if you think how you died is bs you are probably right. I realized this after the 100th time of watching a kill cam and seeing my character not doing what i was doing.

Also battlefeild had the chance to take the throne but they messed up by releasing bf3 rather than bfbc3. Bf3 is catered to pc gamers like the rest of the battlefields. Bad companies had smaller maps similar to cod which catered to consoles. The maps on bf3 are designed for 64v64 not 16v16. I do not know why ea would allow dice to release bf3 when console sales outnumber pc sales by a wide margin. If they released bfbc3 cod would be hurting and bf would be set to take the throne hopefully dice is working on bfbc3 instead of bf4

Nah bro, its bf4 dice are working on. I know what you mean though, after playing it on my friends pc going back to the xbox version felt lame and the battlefield felt deserted. Maybe the new consoles could support more players that would be sublime.
#25JascoDPosted 3/3/2013 5:23:02 PM
Mumble_ posted...
Its popular.

This. Anything else is BS.

Also, hate goes to:

Apple
McDonalds
Justin Beiber
Twilight

And soon Assassins Creed. Just wait and see.
---
Itchy Tasty!
#26SunDevil77Posted 3/3/2013 5:34:09 PM
JascoD posted...
Mumble_ posted...
Its popular.

You haven't seen that yet?
It's dumb, but it's all over.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#27GuideToTheDarkPosted 3/3/2013 5:46:27 PM
It's popular, and the community is a bunch of ritalin kids.

On the bright(?) side, it's made halo seem "cool", even though halo was treated the same way not long before.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#28Arucard05Posted 3/3/2013 5:48:48 PM
On the bright(?) side, it's made halo seem "cool", even though halo was treated the same way not long before.

That's the same thing that is happening with Apple. They were cool because they were the anti-Microsoft, now they're ginormous and it's bothering the hipsters.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#29JenniferTatePosted 3/3/2013 6:03:02 PM
JascoD posted...
Mumble_ posted...
Its popular.

This. Anything else is BS.

Also, hate goes to:

Apple
McDonalds
Justin Beiber
Twilight

I understand people getting burnt out on vampire romance thanks to Twilight/True Blood/Vampire Diaries, but a friend recently gave me feedback on a story with "Vampires have been played out since Interview."

Some people.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#30MostlySlowJoePosted 3/3/2013 6:12:06 PM
TC pretty much said why most real gamers hate it. Its not pushing gaming forward if anything its holding it back. I cant even remember the last AAA title without a 2 3 or 4 in it.

Its harder on me cuz I remeber gta 3 changing gaming halo 1 changing gaming msg 1 changing gaming....only games I really enjoyed this genration were gears of war assassins creeds and the two fallouts we got. Might just be the 7 year long genration cycle tho that has me feeling this way.