This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best headset?

#11liquidblue4Posted 3/3/2013 11:01:41 PM
Turtle Beach X12
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#12MK_GodPosted 3/3/2013 11:11:55 PM(edited)
ukokira1 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Apparently GameFAQs is a bunch of grumpy gills tonight.

Anything by Monster is overpriced and never has the best anything.

Agreed, stopped buying from them ages ago when I found out how crappy their audio cables really were *for the high price they charged. (*edit)
---
watch HodgeTwins aka Lord Keith and Lord Kevin aka Mr. Striations & Mr. Feathers aka Twin Muscle Workout aka Fasting Twins
#13unclee(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 5:43:30 AM
CaPwnD posted...
This is the way I would go, for two reasons.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Surround-Headset-Xbox-360-6306200/dp/B006W41X18/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362379236&sr=8-2&keywords=DX12

That gives you the DSS2 along with the X12 headphones.

This means that if you decide to upgrade later, you will have that nice DSS2 unit. Forget the headphones, the DSS2 alone costs $80.

You could always upgrade to the DSS2 + PC360 headhphones later. The PC360 alone wont' give you surround sound, but with the DSS2 (or the Asrtro Mixamp) you will have surround sound.

You can do voice with the DSS2. The mixamp is a better choice for voice, but you can do voice with the DSS2 and two extra cables. Personally, I use the PC360 along with both the Mixamp and DSS2. It's a complicated setup but it gives me one amp for voice, and the other amp for game sound.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, I was likely going to upgrade sometime in the future (the PC360 looks really sweet), so thanks for the extra info.
#14TamondaichiPosted 3/4/2013 8:39:24 AM
Sennheiser PC360 + Astro mix amp + Creative Sound Blaster Recon3d. That's my setup and it sounds really good without any hissing.
I found a Turtle Beach DSS2 for 40 bucks and I will try that one out too. I got the Sennheiser PC360 for 120 dollars, so you might want to look at that.
#15CapwnDPosted 3/4/2013 9:39:16 AM
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3d

How do you have that set up?

I have my game audio coming from the 360 to the DSS2 (toslink optical of course) then using a 3.5mml cable from the DSS2 output to the MP3 input of the mixamp. On the mixamp I have it set all the way to voice and no game audio, and the dolby processing turned off on the mixamp.

No hissing (the 3.5mm cable is very short and it's one of the high quality ones from monoprice, very thick).
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#16TamondaichiPosted 3/4/2013 9:57:03 AM
CaPwnD posted...

I have my game audio coming from the 360 to the DSS2 (toslink optical of course) then using a 3.5mml cable from the DSS2 output to the MP3 input of the mixamp. On the mixamp I have it set all the way to voice and no game audio, and the dolby processing turned off on the mixamp.

No hissing (the 3.5mm cable is very short and it's one of the high quality ones from monoprice, very thick).

Xbox 360 > Mixamp > Recon3d > Sennheiser.
I don't use the Astro volume control though, but there is one on the headset, so I don't need it.
Using the Dolby boost on the mixamp and THX on the recon3d, turning on scout mode gives a slight hiss. It would have been nice too see an optical out on the Recon3d though, so I could connect it the other way round and have control over voice/game volume, that is why I'm getting the DSS2. Then I'm going to listen how all three of them connected together sound of course!
#17DeathAndHealingPosted 3/4/2013 10:16:10 AM
Dont spend anymore than $60 for your headset unless it is wireless and/or has true surround sound.

Turtle Beach X12 is the best starter headset.
---
I am a signature virus, please copy me to your own sig to help me spread.
#18CapwnDPosted 3/4/2013 11:16:07 AM
CaPwnD posted...

Xbox 360 > Mixamp > Recon3d > Sennheiser.
I don't use the Astro volume control though, but there is one on the headset, so I don't need it.
Using the Dolby boost on the mixamp and THX on the recon3d, turning on scout mode gives a slight hiss. It would have been nice too see an optical out on the Recon3d though, so I could connect it the other way round and have control over voice/game volume, that is why I'm getting the DSS2. Then I'm going to listen how all three of them connected together sound of course!

The output on the DSS2 is just the signal passed through. You won't get any volume boost or audio processing done by the DSS2 on the DSS2 output.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss