This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout 3. Bioshock. FIGHT!

#21BrutalBrockenPosted 3/4/2013 1:00:49 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...
For the cost of the DLC packs, I'm tempted to just grab a GOTY. Used it's all on disc, I hope?

Im not sure, im so addicted to the Fallouts I downloaded the dlc the day it came out. So my Fallout 3 & New Vegas were pretty expensive
Anchorage isn't as bad as everyone says and after u beat it you get some awesome stuff
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#22JenniferTate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 1:04:04 AM
The DLC totals out to like $40+. Argh.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#23JDGfootmanPosted 3/4/2013 1:04:07 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...
For the cost of the DLC packs, I'm tempted to just grab a GOTY. Used it's all on disc, I hope?

Both New Vegas: Ultimate Edition and FO3 GOTY come with a 2nd disc that includes all DLC. In the case of New Vegas that means DLC aside from the expansions even (just minor but cool content. Different weapons, some new achievements, etc.)

Now, what you could do is buy FO3 digital, then buy the GOTY version used from Gamestop, install the 2nd disc, then return it within 7 days for a full refund, leaving you with everything Fallout 3 for $5. Also for what its worth, FO3's expansion Point Lookout is bar none the best piece of DLC this gen IMO.
#24rofflchopperPosted 3/4/2013 1:05:10 AM

Correct. The DLC is on a separate disc. If you are planning on playing the DLC, just go for the GOTY.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#25JenniferTate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 1:06:38 AM
That is a crafty DLC trick. It may work. Point Lookout is the one I keep hearing about that I want to check out.

What's the New Vegas DLC net me for a complete package? I could Google, but conversations and all.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#26twa556Posted 3/4/2013 7:54:02 AM
They both look at new Vegas and kicks his ass.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
#27pothocketPosted 3/4/2013 8:13:58 AM
I picked up Bioshock for $3 and I'm trying to replay it but it's hard to stick with it for more than an hour at a time. Not sure why, might be all the stupid hacking that I hate but I have OCD and must hack everything.

Don't worry about never "finishing" FO3. It's not that type of game. And as far as simply exploring open world wasteland gameplay goes, NV has nothing on 3. Yeah yeah, NV has the factions and better story but it takes too long to get going. NV ushers the player around the map on a specific path before getting to Vegas and finally opening up and kicking off the different factions gameplay that everyone keeps talking about. FO3, on the other hand, is completely open the moment you leave the vault.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#28Knux58Posted 3/4/2013 8:36:47 AM
You cant use MSP for games on demand unless theyre original xbox games.
---
GT/Steam: Knux57 || YouTube/Let's Play Channel: http://www.youtube.com/Knux57
SoulCalibur V Mains: 1)Aeon 2)Ezio 3)Cervantes 4)Algol 5)Yoshimitsu 6)Dampierre
#29nothingbeastPosted 3/4/2013 8:38:09 AM
Fallout 3 by friggin' miles.

(obligatory opinion line for Bioshock fans) While I didn't hate Bioshock, I got a heluva lot more enjoyment from FO3.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#30Arucard05Posted 3/4/2013 8:45:35 AM
You cant use MSP for games on demand unless theyre original xbox games.

This.

If it's opposite day.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.