This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

These sales... mean

#1oasisbeyondPosted 3/4/2013 1:44:02 AM
In 6 or 7 years MS never made sales like this with Xboxlive...
So I have a feeling this is because they will announce the 720 soon and a new Xboxlive service. So these games will not work on the new console and if your 360 breaks you will never have a chance to replay them ever again... That's my gut.

Sorta like how I got the 3 extra levels of Splinter Cell last gen and would love to play them... But it's impossible since there's no working Xboxlive for the old Xbox. Sucks! So basically it's like I rented those levels.

If I'm wrong... Cool, but this is my gut.

What do you think? Do you even care?
I own most of the games for sale, pretty much any very good game so I'm good. But El Shadai for $3 lol is worth it.
#2BrutalBrockenPosted 3/4/2013 1:45:34 AM
I think they're trying to compare with PS+, if Microsoft was doing stuff like this from the start people would complain alot less i imagine
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#3PokenubPosted 3/4/2013 1:47:01 AM
And yet, Australians still get screwed over. I checked, we have NO way to get access to these sales -.-
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#4oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 1:50:27 AM
^ lol Australia...

Hmm, psn has nothing on these sales... I had $20 to blow and figured let me search both. PSN has nothing close to this so far. Obviously the news of the ps4 caused some of this.
But $2 for games like Dirt 2... $4 for Bioshock, Fallout 3... It's pretty impressive. Granted these games can be bought for $10 if you look around.

Elshadai was the only game I didn't have. I'll buy it for $10 for the disk if I enjoy it.
Tomb Raider Legend for 14.99... Is dumb, and not what I call a deal, such an old game can be bought for $5.
#5StealthyVlad101Posted 3/4/2013 2:13:27 AM
Is it your gut?
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#6656stoogePosted 3/4/2013 6:37:17 AM
Pokenub posted...
And yet, Australians still get screwed over. I checked, we have NO way to get access to these sales -.-

Are you kidding me? Click on the orange MEAG SALE add on the start up screen.

So far Australia has been getting the best deals out of every country. Max Payne 3 is $5, Black Ops $3, King of Fighters 13 $5.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#7TheBlueStigPosted 3/4/2013 9:38:29 AM
oasisbeyond posted...

Except for every year....
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8pothocketPosted 3/4/2013 9:40:03 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
oasisbeyond posted...

Except for every year....

I haven't seen them offer hit retail games for $5 before.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#9Surv1valismPosted 3/4/2013 9:48:04 AM
They are all trying to push digital distribution, They aren't going to try to screw you over on it right before they push it harder on a new Console. they will almost for sure work on the infinity/720/whatever
---
GT: Astro ZomBz
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#10Hucast9Posted 3/4/2013 10:28:19 AM
I was going to make a topic like this. I have the same feeling that the tc has. What if the current Xbox Live is replaces by another Xbox Live, which wont make your purchases work anymore or redownloadable anymore? I think i'll stick to physical copies of games even if they offer games for $5.