This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kinect users, what's the best game for fitness that you've found?

#1electrolyzerPosted 3/4/2013 2:11:56 AM
I'm looking for improving strength and cardio, not lose weight.

Best one for this? Haven't used my Kinect yet and I want to.
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#2cup_a_soupPosted 3/4/2013 2:16:39 AM
EA Active 2, though the online servers have now been shut down, rendering a couple of achievements unobtainable. But if you don't care about that then it is by far the best one I've used.

Comes with a heart rate monitor and allows you to use your own dumb bells.

I've heard good things about that Nike Kinect as well, though I haven't tried it yet.
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 3/4/2013 2:44:03 AM
I'm no Kinect owner but I suggest either Just Dance or Star Wars Kinect (for the dancing potion).
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 3/4/2013 4:03:23 AM
Nike.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#5fastitocalonPosted 3/4/2013 5:08:07 AM
I really enjoyed The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout. However, keep in mind that I believe all of the fitness games have issues with ground workouts so be aware of that going in.
---
When your school shrink told you that you're "special" she meant that you're dumb... not that YOU are an exception to the request-rule on isonews.
#6electrolyzer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:31:50 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I picked up Your Shape 2012 but I haven't started it yet.

More suggestions are welcome, I could return it.
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#7DolobillPosted 3/7/2013 8:42:58 AM
Honestly, these kinect fitness games might help an overweight person lose a few pounds, but if you want to improve your strength and cardio by any meaningful amount, you need to look into getting a gym membership.
#8SunDevil77Posted 3/7/2013 8:46:28 AM
Quote:Honestly, these kinect fitness games might help an overweight person lose a few pounds, but if you want to improve your strength and cardio by any meaningful amount, you need to look into getting a gym membership.
@Dolomount
You'd be surprised.
Wii Sports Boxing with two equally fit, athletic males? That s*** got sweaty.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#9StupidMofozPosted 3/7/2013 8:52:30 AM
Go with Dance masters or Dance Central, both are fun and you'll burn calories quickly.
#10fastitocalonPosted 3/9/2013 8:22:35 AM
Dolomount posted...
Honestly, these kinect fitness games might help an overweight person lose a few pounds, but if you want to improve your strength and cardio by any meaningful amount, you need to look into getting a gym membership.

This is not even remotely true. Between eating healthier and a mixture of TBL:UW and YS 2012 I lost almost 80 lbs.
---
When your school shrink told you that you're "special" she meant that you're dumb... not that YOU are an exception to the request-rule on isonews.