This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is using a headset actually make the game better ?

#1Kano92Posted 3/4/2013 11:23:21 AM
Someone said you hear better and more details. I'm playing right now BC2 soon...BF3. I never talk to other players, I'm pretty much just talking about sounds from the game not others players.
#2SunDevil77Posted 3/4/2013 11:24:34 AM
Yes.
Audio can always make a game that much better.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#3liquidblue4Posted 3/4/2013 11:38:07 AM
Yes. It doesn't have to be a headset though... good headphones are fine as well..
light years in difference from using regular speakers or even surround sound (unless you have the volume deafening)
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#4nothingbeastPosted 3/4/2013 11:41:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5psycho42069Posted 3/4/2013 11:42:41 AM
If you are getting BF3 then, yes a headset makes a universe of difference. BF3 is amazing with a surround sound headset.
---
GT: psycho42069
Disclaimer: Everything posted by this account is pure fiction, and the ramblings of a maniac. NORF!!!
#6secondhand1Posted 3/4/2013 12:40:32 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
Yes. It doesn't have to be a headset though... good headphones are fine as well..
light years in difference from using regular speakers or even surround sound (unless you have the volume deafening)

Well this isn't true at all.

If it's all about the volume, then you're doing it wrong. Yes, loud is fun, but dynamics is what makes the 5.1 and 7.1 set ups of the world worth their respective weight in gold. You simply cannot recreate that with headphones.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#7pothocketPosted 3/4/2013 12:44:57 PM
If you're getting a headset for BF than you are in luck because that game has an amazing soundscape. It doesn't really matter about talking to teammates because 90% of the people on live are simply not worth talking to to begin with.

The big benefit for you is being able to tell which direction sounds come from.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8CapwnDPosted 3/4/2013 2:23:28 PM
You simply cannot recreate that with headphones.

I'm confused. I you saying comparing headphones to headset in the sense of it being a gaming headset that does sound processing? Because even if it's a gaming headset, that doesn't mean it's doing sound processing.

Or are you saying that you can't get the same experience with headphones/headset as you can with speakers?
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#9secondhand1Posted 3/4/2013 2:58:58 PM
CaPwnD posted...
Or are you saying that you can't get the same experience with headphones/headset as you can with speakers?

This is what I'm saying.

I think headphones are great, but they just will never best a discreet system.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#10CapwnDPosted 3/4/2013 3:43:31 PM(edited)
CaPwnD posted...

This is what I'm saying.

I think headphones are great, but they just will never best a discreet system.

I disagree. I have a great 7.1 system, and for movies I'll take that over the headphones. But for games, the headphones are more immersive, and the directions of the surround sound feel more natural when playing a game. Dolby Headphone Technology is really that good.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss