This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighting Game Help...

#1TheSnypahvol2Posted 3/4/2013 12:04:14 PM
I want to get one of the fighting games today but have no clue which. I played SF4 when it came out and enjoyed it. Is the Arcade Edition worth it? What about KoF 13? Really interested in that also. Thanks.
#2SunDevil77Posted 3/4/2013 12:12:23 PM
Mortal Kombat.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#3TheSnypahvol2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 12:51:37 PM
What's so good about MK? I haven't played an MK game in a while. Wasn't a fan of the MK vs DC game at all.
#4SunDevil77Posted 3/4/2013 12:58:20 PM
TheSnypahvol2 posted...
What's so good about MK? I haven't played an MK game in a while. Wasn't a fan of the MK vs DC game at all.

MK vs DC isn't Mortal Kombat.

Mortal Kombat 9 is the best fighter this gen in terms of story, characters, and just pure fun. If you're a huge fighter buff, then thats a different story. But for someone who just wants a fun fighting game with tons of single player, as well as multiplayer content, MK is the answer.
---
~Ron Swanson
#5JeustZeroPosted 3/4/2013 1:07:53 PM
If you didn't care for MK/DC then although MK is better you might not be impressed.. after all the improvements it still controls the same, if somewhat smoother.

SFIV:AE is the definitive SFIV, more characters same great taste. If you liked SFIV you'll like this. Just don't expect something drastically different. Online is always pretty active.

KOFXIII is the best fighting game on sale right now easily. Gotta love them HD sprites!
---
Can't you see, repetition was all you got.
#6Jpsyence77Posted 3/4/2013 1:09:28 PM
KoF XIII and SF4:AE are both really great fighters. Both have really good net code and fairly active communities.
While I can agree MK may be fun, it's not very consistent. I would agree with Sundevil77 that MK has massive amounts of single player content.
My vote would be KoF XIII, but only if you're familiar with SNK fighters. Otherwise SF4:AE.
---
http://oi42.tinypic.com/eipfg4.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/mb4eit.jpg
#7Gillian SeedPosted 3/4/2013 1:13:00 PM
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition is $20 new at Gamestop, and $16 new at Amazon. Komplete Edition comes with the four dlc characters, and all the dlc costumes. I think Mortal Kombat is worth getting, but you are better off getting a physical copy of the Komplete Edition.
#8TheSnypahvol2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 1:18:21 PM
Gillian Seed posted...
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition is $20 new at Gamestop, and $16 new at Amazon. Komplete Edition comes with the four dlc characters, and all the dlc costumes. I think Mortal Kombat is worth getting, but you are better off getting a physical copy of the Komplete Edition.

Thanks for the heads up. MK is out of the question in that case. SF and KoF seem like much better deals. From what I'm reading I may just grab both. Thanks.
#9SoF-RamboPosted 3/4/2013 1:28:21 PM
I don't get SF4's popularity. Everyone always picks the same characters.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#10SunDevil77Posted 3/4/2013 1:32:50 PM
You better promise me you'll be picking up the physical copy of MK:KE, TC. Ill be watching.
---
~Ron Swanson