This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game had the most meaningful story this gen?

#1Mumble_Posted 3/4/2013 10:13:20 PM
Not neccesarily the best.
---
HELLO!!!
#2CyricsServantPosted 3/4/2013 10:16:19 PM
Hmm . . .

Even though I'm sure a lot of gamers found it to be pretentious, probably Braid.

The Walking Dead had its moments too.
#3mtjormitchPosted 3/4/2013 10:38:52 PM
Fragile Dreams is basically Grave of the Fireflies in video game form and somehow even more depressing.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#4CyricsServantPosted 3/4/2013 10:49:23 PM
FD would be my pick for the Wii. Nothing else really even comes close.
#5Rome218Posted 3/4/2013 10:51:22 PM
For me Kane and Lynch 1. I felt the gameplay was inconsistent at best, but I constantly played because of the dark storyline.

Spec Ops The Line deserves a nod as well.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#6AApt24Posted 3/4/2013 11:01:32 PM
If we can ignore Desmond's story, the pieces of eden, and the ones that came before nonsense, I'd give AC II a nomination for this one. But if we have to include all of that other crap, then I really have no idea. Most of the story arcs I've played over the last ten years were great ideas but executed horribly....(Oh how I wish I could go to Bioware and tell them to rewrite Mass Effect from start to finish)
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#7BrutalBrockenPosted 3/4/2013 11:02:14 PM
Red Dead Redemption
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#8Big FanPosted 3/4/2013 11:44:47 PM
Rome218 posted...
For me Kane and Lynch 1. I felt the gameplay was inconsistent at best, but I constantly played because of the dark storyline.

Spec Ops The Line deserves a nod as well.

I have to agree with Kayne and Lynch. Gameplay was ok, but damn the story was crazy.

Aside from that I'm gonna go with the Gears series as a whole. Most will probably disagree, but it's probably my favorite next to Walking Dead.
---
GT: Code XxX
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/recitedsilence
#9mtjormitchPosted 3/4/2013 11:53:37 PM
Oh, okay. I am going to list all of them!

RDR for obvious reasons. I cried.

Persona 4 Golden which did add way more! I cried.

Alan Wake had a damn good story.

Deadly Premonition is freaking amazing. I cried.

Fragile Dreams. Like I said, is the saddest video game ever made. I cried over ten times.

Catherine, Awesome story.

Binary Domain, Awesome story.

American Mcgees alice. Pretty cool story.

Bioshock. This game basically proves that story is more important than gameplay.

Bioshock 2, while the first was a good story about choice, this one is a more emotional tale. I can appreciate that.

The Walking Dead, I cried and also proves a fundemental fact. Story based video games are popular and now that these kinds of games are being made. They will continue to be so.

The Witcher 2. I wish I played one to understand more about this highly interesting world!

P4 Arena. Cool story. But it feels like it is leading up to something HUGE.

Batman games. Awesome story in them.

Dragon Age Origins. Biowares last quality title.

Fallout New vegas. This is what WRPG's should look up to.

Lost Odyssey. I cried lots.

Nier, DEPRESSION FEUL!

Mafia 2, I love this game.

GTA4+DLC. The story was the only good parts of this game and it's DLC content!

Portal 2, great story.

Prey. Cool story.

The Last Story. Very Disney-esque. But it is quite awesome.

No More Heroes series. Lots of social commentary in the games.

Spec Ops The line. You all know it is awesome already.

Xenoblade. This one is very interesting.

I can keep going but I will stop for now. Those who deny video games as a story telling medium are nothing but fools, these games prove that they are.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#10Rome218Posted 3/5/2013 12:00:54 AM
Everyone tells me how great Lost Odyssey is, but I don't want to be depressed. From what I've been told, the whole game is depressing, yet it's recommended.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES