This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Golden Age of gaming

#31SwtorN00bPosted 3/5/2013 11:33:17 AM
1995-2003

Oh how i love you earthbound....
#32plincoln21Posted 3/5/2013 11:36:34 AM
whenever I hear "golden age of gaming" for me it was pulling a 72 hour weekend marathon on Final Fantasy 6 (then labeled 3) on the SNES before I had to return it to blockbuster
---
Talk to me Goose
#33Banana_ManaPosted 3/5/2013 11:39:12 AM
I have really enjoyed this gen.

It's hard to ignore the SNES/Mega Drive days...

And I had a heck of a lot of fun with the Saturn... And the Gamecube...

But, overall this gen.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#34vigorm0rtisPosted 3/5/2013 11:41:46 AM
Banana_Mana posted...

But, overall this gen.

I try to filter out the nostalgia, because nothing will ever match Bard's Tale or Phantasie and the sense of limitless adventure I got from those, but that doesn't mean it was the best time for gaming.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#35Rome218Posted 3/5/2013 1:34:44 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Banana_Mana posted...

But, overall this gen.

I try to filter out the nostalgia, because nothing will ever match Bard's Tale or Phantasie and the sense of limitless adventure I got from those, but that doesn't mean it was the best time for gaming.

When I was originally going to post my thread, I was going to say my golden age was now. Despite looking back at the SNES days, this is my favorite gen. I just figured by golden age, they mean like your childhood.

Vigomortis, you are probably one of the best posters on Gamefaqs. I'm not sure anyone has given you any credit for that. Almost everything you post is insightful, I've never seen you lose your cool, and you always keep things in perspective and don't become irrational like many here, including myself; from time to time.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#36Banana_ManaPosted 3/5/2013 1:44:19 PM
Rome218 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
Banana_Mana posted...

But, overall this gen.

When I was originally going to post my thread, I was going to say my golden age was now. Despite looking back at the SNES days, this is my favorite gen. I just figured by golden age, they mean like your childhood.

Vigomortis, you are probably one of the best posters on Gamefaqs. I'm not sure anyone has given you any credit for that. Almost everything you post is insightful, I've never seen you lose your cool, and you always keep things in perspective and don't become irrational like many here, including myself; from time to time.

Viggo is indeed an awesome poster... Uh... I hope you like the name Viggo!
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#37nothingbeastPosted 3/5/2013 2:05:35 PM
SNES for me as well.

For that is the system that gave me Super Metroid. The end-all-freakin'-be-all of games for me.

Excuse me while I sit in warm, bubbly nostalgia for a bit.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#38TBONE_OGPosted 3/5/2013 2:15:52 PM
Yeah SNES for me. Chrono trigger, Mega Man X's, Super Mario's, Super Metroid to name a few.

Then I'd say the Xbox 360 for runner up. So much advancement in this generation.
---
Always O.G.
#39BBBanks03Posted 3/5/2013 2:35:21 PM
DEFINITELY the 16-Bit Era for me. Nintendo was at the height of their success, and produced IMO the greatest system of all-time, the SNES. And yet, amazingly, Sega was able to go toe-to-toe with them at the height of their powers and make an amazing system of their own. I was a Sega kid back then, but I think even then I knew deep down that Nintendo had the superior system, whose games Iíve only started collecting again now, so itís like Iím reliving the 16-Bit Golden Days all over again.

The PS/Saturn/N64 was exciting, but I always kind of look at it as the ďpubertyĒ era for gaming; there was a large transition taking place into a new era (3d), it was a little awkward, the games were a little rough around the edges (quite literally), and they hadnít really worked all the kinks out on the way for games to develop into what they would one day become. There were some legendary games in that era, for sure, but most all of them sure arenít much to look at anymore.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#40chrcolPosted 3/5/2013 5:46:06 PM
I think the FF7, command and conquer, warcraft 1/2 and starcraft era. Plus around that time we had super mario kart, super mario world, legend of zelda snes games.